Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Crosspost: Greater Boston area Reprap Users Group Meeting: Noon-6, July 26, Olin College, Rm. AC109

Posted by Larry_Pfeffer 
Greetings all,

Most of the local traffic now seems to be on the Boston Forum:

But for anybody who reads this forum (and not the other), following is the announcement of our upcoming meeting. I've posted this also to boston.garysguide.org

Hope to see you there,

-- Larry

----

Greater Boston area Reprap Users Group Meeting: Noon-6, July 26, Olin College, Rm. AC109

RepRap is an open-source project that's working toward creating a universal constructor -- a machine that can
make its own components and many other useful things besides. This is not science fiction; partial self replication has been demonstrated, see: [reprap.org]

People interested in RepRap, building a RepRap machine or related technologies will gather for our first meeting:

Sat., July 26th, Noon to ~6:00 pm.
Room AC109, Olin College, 1000 Olin Way, Needham MA

Map and directions at: [www.olin.edu]

We will have a demonstration of a working RepRap machine.

Noted author and Professor Tom Easton will discuss his book on 3-D printing technology and its impact.
See: [technoprobe.blogspot.com]

Questions, comments or suggestions for our agenda?
Please post to: [forums.reprap.org]
I would like to attend. I teach high school at EO Smith in Storrs, CT and would like to learn more about the RERAP machine. My plan is to set one up for learning and experimenting with at school.

Bob Viara
Tech Ed Teacher
1235 Storrs RD
Storrs, CT 06268
860-487-0877
Bob,

That mtg. was *last* summer. Sorry to dissapoint you (but wouldn't want you to drive up for no reason.) I sent you an invitation to join the google group that's more active: [groups.google.com]

If you have any problems or questions, please email me.

-- Larry
ursine @t gm4il d0t c0m

Larry Pfeffer,

My blog about building repstrap Cerberus:
[repstrap-cerberus.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login