Advanced

Hangprinter version 3

Posted by tobben 
Re: Hangprinter version 3
November 28, 2017 09:59PM
Ya found it thanks
November 30, 2017 03:05AM
Is there instructions for building? All the vitamins have been delivered and we have printed about half the parts.
November 30, 2017 06:59AM
No, not yet. You will have to look through this thread and the dev blog.

torbjornludvigsen.com
November 30, 2017 09:28AM
Hangprinter kinematics is now supported in release 1.20 beta 11 of RepRapFirmware for the Duet series. See [duet3d.com] for the documentation. Test it with care (e.g. use reduced motor currents), because it hasn't been run on a Hangprinter yet. The auto calibration probably needs more work to get it working well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 09:30AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 30, 2017 02:13PM
Dc42 are you in the UK,USA or somewhere else?
November 30, 2017 06:33PM
delloman
Dc42 are you in the UK,USA or somewhere else?

UK.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 02, 2017 03:08PM
What are your speed settings? And weight of your triangle are you using an e3d vacano?
December 02, 2017 03:22PM
Yes, I'm using a Volcano. Do you mean the speed settings in the slicer? I use different ones for each print. My weight data are already in this thread.

torbjornludvigsen.com
December 02, 2017 05:48PM
Ya for the slicer what is your average default printing speed and xyz movement speeds so I have a place to start we started the build today I ordered the carbon fiber since it is a huge weight savings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2017 05:55PM by delloman.
December 03, 2017 03:04AM
Ok, nice. Between 30 and 60 mm/s for print moves and between 100 and 200 for travel moves. For thicker layer heights (0.8 - 1.0 mm) I use slow print moves since the maximum rate at which we can melt plastic in the Volcano is around 140 g/h.

torbjornludvigsen.com
December 03, 2017 08:53AM
Thanks looks like your having fun in Rome.
December 03, 2017 02:02PM
When you have a chance can we get better resolution pics of the wiring for the Mechaduinos and the the i2c board thanks alex
December 03, 2017 10:34PM
we started the assembly process today here is a pic we almost have all the hardware installed we need some better photos. we dont want to wire incorrectly. any chance of a wiring diagram? [photos.app.goo.gl]
December 04, 2017 08:51AM
Look through version 2 forum thread and dev blog for pics and wiring. All wiring except the i2c bus, which requires 5V<->3V3 conversion is done the same way as on any other RepRap. Mechaduino D0 is dir, D1 is step if I remember correctly.

It looks like you use flat 623 bearings in the rollers instead of v-grooved ones.
I suspect that your ABC lines will slip off, but it would interesting to see if you want to test this assumption.

I see that you use Mechaduinos.
Be sure to read the Machaduino manual and the firmware README for usage instructions.
In particular, calibrate all the Mechaduinos and give them different i2c-addresses when you flash them.

torbjornludvigsen.com
December 04, 2017 10:19AM
They where supposed to be v grooved but your right need to fix that. thanks for the help
December 04, 2017 03:47PM
Just read the hangprinter v2 thread there are no pics or anything about Mechaduinos or the i2c
December 04, 2017 04:24PM
Mechaduinos were first used on the v3.1.

Blog posts that depict or mention Mechaduinos: 1, 2, 3, 4.

Mechaduino manual (hosted by tropical-labs.com, visited Dec 4, 2017).

torbjornludvigsen.com
December 04, 2017 04:50PM
Looking for higher resolution of this pic [hangprinter.org] and [hangprinter.org] last can I get a close up of the i2c breadboard please
December 04, 2017 04:53PM
You can edit posts but not delete them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2017 08:29PM by delloman.
December 05, 2017 02:29AM
That's fredrudolf's printer, but I did a web search and found this

Connect the same sda/scl signal to all Mechaduinos.

If you like the Hangprinter Project, please consider donating to its Bountysource campaign.

torbjornludvigsen.com
December 05, 2017 02:19PM
Thanks made a donation i hope it helps

Alex

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2017 03:17PM by delloman.
December 05, 2017 03:59PM
Awesome, thanks! It definitely helps. Your name is now in README on the master branch cool smiley (link)

torbjornludvigsen.com
December 05, 2017 06:32PM
What's the situation with the calibration calculation for v3.3? And how much weight do you use for anchors?
December 06, 2017 05:06AM
Still working on the auto-calibration.
Details on the blog.

Manual calibration follows the same principles as before.
The v3 mover is more workable than the v2 was, making the measurement process less painful (but still hard).
The web-calculator is not in use anymore, I will remove it soon.

I use ca 5-10 kg on the anchors, depending on the friction between the specific floor and anchor surfaces.
Thanks for asking about the weight, it reminded me of something important.

Safety notice:
Prepare for the event that somebody trips in the lines by introducing a known weak link.
  • If you use Mechaduinos or other closed-loop servos, the ABC-anchors must be free to move towards the origin. Use friction-based ABC-anchors with a moderate amount of weight on them.
  • The movement system should not be strong enough cut a line into somebody's throat. Adjust motor currents and/or anchor weights until this requirement is fulfilled.
  • Secure your winch very firmly in the ceiling.
The consequences of not preparing a weak link could be:
  • The whole winch unit could fall down and hit somebody in the head.
  • Throats or other body parts could get entangeled and damaged by the lines.
Do not count on the lines to snap, they will not.

torbjornludvigsen.com
December 06, 2017 04:10PM
Hey Torb,

I think I am ready to start building a v3. I have pretty much everything ready to go I think.

Except:

Mechaduino optional addon
4 x Mechaduino PCB
More than 20 jumper wires (if Mechaduinos)
5V->3V3 level converter for i2c usage (if Mechaduinos)
Tmc2130SilentStepStick addon
A few more jumper wires

Would you recommend or can I go without these items to get started? I would guess the mechaduino's would take a lot of guess work out of things. Not sure where to buy Mechaduinos either.

Thanks.
December 06, 2017 04:23PM
Hi Chris, glad to see you here!

No problems, any drivers will work just fine smiling smiley
Just make sure motors don't get hot enough to melt the printed parts

torbjornludvigsen.com
December 06, 2017 10:13PM
If you use Mechaduinos you don't need tmc2130s or another stepper drivers
[tropical-labs.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 10:17PM by delloman.
December 07, 2017 12:44AM
Donated and start printing parts tonight! I am excited to see this work. Sorry for all future question. Really new(about a year) to 3d printing.

JLo(Spokane WA, USA)
December 07, 2017 12:44PM
Thank you, I'm looking forward to your build. Greetings from Sweden smiling smiley

torbjornludvigsen.com
December 07, 2017 01:20PM
Well we have the steppers spinning now the hard part calibration and anchors. sadly Tropic Labs shorted me a magnet so I am waiting for delivery on a replacement. I found from the company that supply's the ones to Tropic Labs I still have not received a reply from them about it. Otherwise they are really cool
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login