Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New member, about to start

Posted by Sebastianmaklary 
New member, about to start
December 30, 2020 03:52PM
Hi there

I've been in love with the hangprinter concept for a few years since I saw videos of it on Youtube but have not had the space or time to make one while I was a student.

Now, I want to build one, with the hope that I can set it up at my work after I prove that I can get it to function well enough to print bodywork parts.

I have had a Prusa I3 for the past 3 years and have occationally used and serviced printers at school/university going back to 2013 but have never dived deep into firmware or G-code, so I expect to have to learn a lot to make this work as the printer seems to be less developed than the commercially available products.

I want to be a part of the community while I build this, so to start with, what are the largest pitfalls and are the manual and sourcing on hangprinter.org up to date?

A bit about my background: I am a mechanical engineer and also have some programming experience in matlab and a little bit in python.
Edit: I intend on printing bodywork parts for motorcycle and race cars. I am prepared to not build the lowest priced printer if that makes the end-result better for printing this kind of stuff at higher speeds.

Regards,
Sebastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2020 05:41PM by Sebastianmaklary.
Re: New member, about to start
August 02, 2021 06:55AM
Hello Sebastian!

Welcome to the community! I'm hoping your build is going well. We've already connected a bit on the Discord server.

For some reason, I guess the notification visibility, the talk on Discord tends to become more synchronous and engaging than on this forum, so over time I've tended to check this forum less and less often.
It's a bit of a shame since this forum is easier to search for those who come after us.
On the other hand, that searchability might be part of what keeps this forum more slow and quiet.

Anyhow, I've enabled email notifications for this thread now.
Welcome once again smiling smiley

tobben

torbjornludvigsen.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login