Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recycle Plastic Into 3D Printer Filament at Home

Posted by Nezo 
Recycle Plastic Into 3D Printer Filament at Home
February 23, 2022 07:21AM
Hello dear Reprap community !

Long time reader, first time poster.

Few years ago I started experimenting with converting plastic scrap into usable 3D printer filament at home and today, I'm publishing a guide about that.

Cheap and home scaled focused. The process consists in sorting and cleaning plastic pieces taken from defective household appliances, grinding them to small granules, and feed those granules to a home made small extrusion line. After a quick post-processing step, the output filament can be used by a 3D printer to print new objects.

This is far away from being perfect but maybe some useful infos could be found inside the guide for those who are in the same kind of research.

Everything inside is open source.

If you feel like taking a look, here are 2 links :
[www.thingiverse.com]
[www.instructables.com]

I'm happy to share thought about it,
Have a good day,
Re: Recycle Plastic Into 3D Printer Filament at Home
March 08, 2022 04:12AM
3D printing was supposed to lead to less waste, yet how I think it leads to more, with the number of test prints I end up making on my way to a successful design.

The effort you are putting into creating 3D printer filament from waste plastic is inspiring.

Maybe a plastic shredder from the Precious Plastics community's designs would be useful to you.
Re: Recycle Plastic Into 3D Printer Filament at Home
March 08, 2022 04:29AM
Yup !

Precious plastic shredder would be very usefull ideed ! But it is a bit over-scaled for my approach.

Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login