Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tampa / Clearwater

Posted by GeeksGoneBad 
Tampa / Clearwater
October 14, 2011 07:01PM
Hey guys! Just ordered all of my Prusa parts today so hopefully I'll be making parts in no time smiling smiley

Anyone around the Tampa / Clearwater area? I suppose I could make a trip west too winking smiley

Jamie
Check out my CNC projects at [www.backyard-workshop.com]

Check out my CNC projects and Reprap at [www.backyardworkshop.com]
Re: Tampa / Clearwater
November 06, 2011 11:20AM
Hey Guys! I recently finished my Prusa Mendel printer and wanted to share the pictures and a few videos smiling smiley

Check it out!

[www.backyard-workshop.com]

November 06, 2011 06:00PM
Hi GGB
Just read your blog and watched your videos. Great job, Nice prints.
What software you got? And is that an ACOL hot end or a Budaschnozzle?
The Budaschnozzle would of been from Colorado. The ACOL from Europe.

I even like the little table you made it on(inthe 1st couple of pics). Did you
build that too?

ISTAR Scope Club
November 06, 2011 06:08PM
Thanks BoriSpider!

The hot end is one I got off eBay - not really sure what it would be called but it looked (and so far is) pretty pro
[www.ebay.com]

I am using Pronterface with SFact for my software so far

and yes that table is half of my "Ultimate Workbench" that I built -the Workbench turned out was a bit long and so I cut it in half with one half now being my table saw and the other just an assembly table (as you see in the pictures) smiling smiley
Rab
November 28, 2011 01:45PM
Hi GGB,
I'm in Tampa too. Haven't built or bought a RepRap yet... wishing I had one since I'm trying to replicate a door handle that broke on my wife's car. When I eventually build a RepRap I'll email you for parts smiling smiley Great stuff on the blog... the CNC router is cool too.

Me:
[www.robertbeverly.com]
November 28, 2011 01:53PM
Sounds like a plan smiling smiley I've already reprinted most of the parts I got already, some for upgrading to lm8uu bearings and others because I got a PLA kit off ebay and several of the mounts and carriage were melting so I reprinted new ones in ABS - gotta love that smiling smiley

Hey what language do you code in? I am a C# developer in real life

February 11, 2012 12:49PM
Hey GGB,

I'm another Tampa C# dev in real life who's caught the bug. You should list printed parts in your store, because I'm looking to source them too!

Neil
February 11, 2012 02:09PM
very cool! are you just building your printer now?

hehe yeah I might get around to adding printed parts in the store smiling smiley I'm just still printing parts for myself LOL

right now I'm making a broken drum mic clip smiling smiley

If you need something printed let me know - don't know if I've got the time to print a whole set - but I could print the extruder or parts here and there

I'm also making the hobbed bolts on my mill drill lathe so I can get you one of those too!

Jamie

February 12, 2012 04:02PM
Yeah, I'm just starting... I don't want to buy anything beyond the printed parts until I can get ahold of those, since they seem to be the most elusive or overpriced... it reminds me of shady people selling Linux distros 20 years ago! T&M cost is ok, but a lot of people think they invented the parts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login