Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SAE vs Metric Prusa

Posted by TheWickerMan 
SAE vs Metric Prusa
November 07, 2011 02:43PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and am finally gearing up to build my own Prusa. I'm based out of the Orlando area and was wondering what your experiences have been with trying to source metric parts in Florida (scarcity, cost over imperial, etc). I wonder if it would be easier to just buy a kit of metric parts as many printed items seem to be geared towards them. What has your experience been?
Re: SAE vs Metric Prusa
November 28, 2011 01:56PM
Hey Wickerman! I got an SAE kit and the SAE vitamin kit off ebay so I didn't try to source anything locally - but if I were to do it all over again I'd have made sure I got the ABS printed parts - sorry I know that's not exactly what you were asking but that's all I got winking smiley

Check out my CNC projects and Reprap at [www.backyardworkshop.com]
Re: SAE vs Metric Prusa
December 22, 2011 05:22AM
I just basically bought all the parts I needed from McMaster Carr.. They have a distribution center in Atlanta, so all the parts come really fast, and they have EVERYTHING for either an SAE or metric mendel. I decided to go the metric route, as that seems to be more the standard in the RepRap universe, and it's working great.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login