Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can someone hook me up with RP parts for Mendel?

Posted by bbook 
Can someone hook me up with RP parts for Mendel?
May 09, 2010 04:31PM
I'm a design engineer and have experience in circuit board manufacturing, robotics and automation. I would like to build a Mendel and start to contribute to the development and help others get setup and running. I have access to small DC motors (brushed and brushless), gearheads, encoders, motion controllers, leadscrews and would be willing to trade hardware if someone is willing to hook me up with RP parts to build a Mendel.

Please let me know how we can help each other.

P.S. If I can get a machine setup and running, once I have a better understanding of the BOM and how the machine works, I would like to setup a site to sell electronics and hardware to help others get their machines running. It would be nice to make a little extra money, but I'm more interested in helping further the development and helping others to get their machines up and running.

I live in the Clearwater area and would be willing to help anyone get their machines running.
I would really like to help as well, I'm in St. Pete, maybe we should start ou own reprap group here?
I have been looking into rapid prototyping and came across reprap.org just this week. I am looking at buying a complete kit from mendel-parts.com.

I live in St. Pete. Anyone want to talk?

Trialsman
Re: Can someone hook me up with RP parts for Mendel?
December 02, 2010 12:46PM
I'm in Orlando and am cranking out a few sets of imperial prusas that are already spoken for. If you'd like a set after those are done (2-3 weeks) let me know.

You might want to check out familab, they have a Mendel and a cupcake, and are an interesting group of folks.
October 14, 2011 07:03PM
I suppose I should have checked the forum first smiling smiley

I'm in Clearwater and just ordered my Prusa parts today! I have a CNC machine, Mill Drill Lathe and a slew of other tools (and soon to have a 3D Printer!) smiling smiley

Jamie
Check out my CNC piojects at [www.backyard-workshop.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2011 07:03PM by GeeksGoneBad.
October 14, 2011 10:05PM
Sounds like mid-FLA is the place to be.
Good luck guys.

p.s. for kits you might be better off with
MakerGear Prusa kit

ISTAR Scope Club
November 06, 2011 11:21AM
Just an update on my build - it's done! smiling smiley

Check it out at [www.backyard-workshop.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login