Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Orlando, FL

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Orlando, FL
November 11, 2007 05:13PM
Orlando, Florida.

I've got the start of a McWire style cartesian bot. Would love to get together with others in the area.

-akiriwas
Re: Orlando, FL
November 11, 2007 05:43PM
Forum created. Please hop in and introduce yourself. You're also welcome to announce the group on the builder's blog:
builders.reprap.org

Google reports that Orlando has a robotics club:
[www.orlandorobotics.org]
[tech.groups.yahoo.com]
[www.rcgroups.com]

and a Dorkbot group:
[dorkbot.org]
Its webhost is down, see google cache:
[72.14.205.104]

And a few people from CNC zone:
[www.cnczone.com]
You may want to see if they're interested.

Good luck!
This thread will self-destruct after a few days of inactivity.
April 11, 2009 08:13PM
Hey I'm in Melbourne Florida, and I'll be moving to UCF's Orlando campus in late June. I'm just getting started with RepRap, and DIY tech in general, and I'd love to meet up with the two RepRappers in the Orlando area.

I'm holding out on building the actual machine until the Wedge design is polished up, or at least has a Y-gantry, because I think that's the best design that I've seen discussed. Let me know if you want to work together this summer.
April 30, 2009 12:29PM
I'm in the Orlando as well. I haven't started on a RepRap yet. I'm in the process of trying to get a Taig cnc mill set up first to do some of the parts.

It would be great to meet up with you guys!
January 17, 2010 11:19PM
Hey everyone, im 3 miles south of UCF, hopefully i will be starting a mcwire style design sometime mid next month. If anyone has a current project or can offer advice let me know!
January 18, 2010 12:01AM
I finally got a cupcake up and running, and have printed a couple of Mendel parts. At the current rate, it will be weeks before I have a set done. We should meet up to discuss sometime.
March 03, 2010 09:35AM
I'm in Orlando, around Waterford Lakes area. Just started building a Mendel. I've got the frame vertices and I'm ordering a few more pieces from some people online who are milling them, but that's only about 1/3 of the parts! Going to need quite a few more to get this thing operational! I'm going to order all the hardware soon, and start assembling the frame.

If anyone would like to talk about this stuff, let me know! I'm very interested to even see one working.. I've watched darn near every video on youtube about them, and I've got some ideas on the extruder. Just need to start tinkering!

(Oh, and if anyone can print out Mendel parts.. I'd definitely be willing to provide some financial support in trade for some grinning smiley )

[tastycrepes.blogspot.com]
March 03, 2010 09:42AM
I could print a few parts for you if you don't mind PLA, but we should make sure I'm scaling correctly, as there is some shrinkage.

Rumor has it that there is a Cupcake at familab.
Maybe we should try to meet up at one of the Tues meetings?
[familab.org]
March 03, 2010 10:16AM
That'd be hot. Both things, rather. Haven't been to FamiLab before, though looks cool! I wouldn't mind heading over there, I'll keep a slot open on my schedule. Shoot me an email if you want, we can meet up! ([email protected])

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2010 10:32AM by Chorca.
March 07, 2010 05:08PM
I'll try to be at familab this Tuesday. It sounds like they are meeting to discuss the future of their organization, so it might be a good one to attend.
April 28, 2010 09:46PM
Where do I go to get more info about these. Se one first hand and have some one walk me through the different designs and such. I'm a machinist but I am circuit board/electronics illiterate.
April 28, 2010 10:03PM
Where do I go to get more info about these. Se one first hand and have some one walk me through the different designs and such. I'm a machinist but I am circuit board/electronics illiterate.

Electronics? Ask in a dedicated electronics forum.

Or just buy these 'known good' boards:
[forums.reprap.org]

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
May 09, 2010 04:29PM
I'm a design engineer and have experience in circuit board manufacturing, robotics and automation. I would like to build a Mendel and start to contribute to the development and help others get setup and running. I have access to small DC motors (brushed and brushless), gearheads, encoders, motion controllers, leadscrews and would be willing to trade hardware if someone is willing to hook me up with RP parts to build a Mendel.

Please let me know how we can help each other.

P.S. If I can get a machine setup and running, once I have a better understanding of the BOM and how the machine works, I would like to setup a site to sell electronics and hardware to help others get their machines running. It would be nice to make a little extra money, but I'm more interested in helping further the development and helping others to get their machines up and running.

I live in the Clearwater area and would be willing to help anyone get their machines running.
May 18, 2010 02:30AM
Hi,

I live in downtown Orlando and am very interested in building a Mendel. It would be great to meet up with some people.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login