Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Perth, Australia

Posted by letsburn00 
Perth, Australia
November 13, 2007 06:25AM
Just commenting for a group here in Perth, Australia. We're on the opposite side of the country from the sydney group and I'm interested in getting started.
Re: Perth, Australia
November 13, 2007 03:14PM
Forum created.

Please hop in and introduce yourself. You're also welcome to announce the group on the builder's blog:
builders.reprap.org
(or not, everyone else has ignored that little note).
I tacked on a note that the forum may be good for Australian discussion in general until we get more traffic. Let me know and I'll delete the note and create a new country-wide forum.

Perth doesn't seem to have a robot group or a dorkbot chapter, but
"We were able to network with some people that are considering initiating their own Dorkbot factions for different cities in Australia":
[dorkbotsyd.boztek.net]
so you may want to email them.

Also, Perth has
[www.beap.org]
[www.studioelectronicart.net]

You may want to contact this fellow:.
[www.visiblespace.com]
[www.visiblespace.com]

Found some Perth-based cnczone folk who might be interested.
[www.cnczone.com]
[www.cnczone.com]

Good luck!
This thread will self-destruct after a few days of inactivity.
January 03, 2008 01:30AM
I'm just going to leave a message here calling for any other perthians to message me at letsburn00@hotmail.com . I'm beginning my reprap within the next few months and would be happy to work with anyone else (especially someone with electronics experience)
August 23, 2008 08:57PM
Just found reprap last week. Looks like a good idea. Collecting parts and diverting some spendoolies towards my very own reprap.
Anonymous User
October 30, 2008 09:29AM
I'm into Perth as well. Would be good to network with others also interested in reprapping
November 11, 2008 11:13AM
I also live in perth WA, I have been been playing around with some designs for a repstrap, and collecting bits and pieces. Currently i am building an extruder, This repstrap thing is a minor hobby, i play with for relaxation. i am doing it in fits and starts. I'm also fixing my house and am at times lazy.
As this thread is about introducing one self i will start a thread about bootstrapping an extruder.
December 05, 2008 01:21AM
Hey giffid.

Looking into getting all the perth reprappers together so we can share knowledge suppliers.

Who else is up for it ?

simon
January 22, 2009 10:44PM
I've sent out emails to the people who've messaged me, if you havn't gotten an email or want to be on the list, send me one and i'll get back to you asap.
March 31, 2009 10:59PM
For all those who are from Perth, there are currently some main seperate websites that have been set up.

One is www.freeasinsteins.com which is a blog for Perth reprap group related news.

The second is the direct mailing list, where you can add yourself easily. [reprap.interthingy.com]

Third, there is a currently fermenting movement to deploy a Perth hackspace, is may soon be a reality, so go to [hacklabperth.org] and see if there is a hackspace for perth already.
February 22, 2010 11:40AM
Some activity at last!

There is a WA RepRap user group site up now at RepRap WA, we are based out of The Perth Artifactory and have meetings roughly every second Monday (there is one this coming Monday the 1st of March), we have a mostly completed Mendel at the hackerspace and some very big plans for the coming year so come along and join us!
May 29, 2010 07:45AM
The artifactory (Perth's local hackerspace) is having it's fortnightly reprap night, and as of june 7th 2010 we should have the artifactories own reprap running and printing. The current one was made with a very wide bore nozzle in order to not push the machine too hard. All of it's printed parts were made with a BfB Darwin V 2.0.1 reprap.

So if you're coming around on the night (the new scientist article might bring a few new people) then feel free to just drop by and have a look.

-letsburn00

PS. feel free to email me if you're in perth and have a problem with your machine, I have plenty of spare parts (including PTFE rod if yours explodes).
October 04, 2010 01:03PM
hi letsburn

i am in Perth Canningvale to be exact i am interested in building a reprap i have a small cnc about 1200x600mm bed which i built last year if i can get the files can can probably cut all the bits for it

can u pse advise which suburb u are in or any other members around my areas, i would like to be come a member

i do have access to plastics and poly carbonate as i am a sign writer

cheers regards mike
March 04, 2011 12:30AM
Hey guys, We DO have a Dorkbot in Perth, the next meeting is this Tuesday!

These are the presenters:

TIM BOYKETT

Laboratory for the construction of Experimental Situations.

15 years of building worlds and ways of investigating them, experimental net audio, mechanical devices and social constructivism. Too many things to fit in a paragraph: [timesup.org]

Narrative Worlds: Living and Lived in spaces – This presentation will outline our experience with “exploration narratives” as a way of understanding an audience’s involvement with an interactive environment, then go on to examine the projects we are currently engaged in: “Physical Narratives” is the name we use. Spaces were the fictional inhabitant has disappeared, the audeience is invited to explore the objects in the space and their arrangement to explore the story of that character.

I will also talk about our developments of living spaces, mechanically enhanced garden systems and irrigation systems that we are using to enhance the harbour environment.

PIPPA BUCHANAN
Pippa Buchanan is project lead for the School of Webcraft, a partnership between Mozilla and Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU). Born in Australia and currently based in Berlin, Germany, she worked in educational software, video games development and as a design educator before becoming involved in non-formal and open educational projects.

[learninglearning.wordpress.com]
[p2pu.org]

Drumbeat – How Mozilla is making a better web.Mozilla’s Drumbeat is about increasing the community of people who defend and build the open web beyond participation in software projects. Learn how Drumbeat brings filmmakers, educators, journalists and others together to help shape the future of the web.
[drumbeat.org]

P2PU – a learning (non) institution
The Peer 2 Peer University is an online community of people learning together in an open, collaborative environment. Entering its second year, P2PU is developing partnerships with Mozilla around the School of Webcraft and exploring how peer assessment could change the way we learn.
[p2pu.org]
September 08, 2011 10:04PM
Hi guys
I'm from Perth as well. Just had the TeckZone Mondo kit arrive in the mail.

It sounds like the mondo is not really for reprap newbies so this will be interesting to see how well I put it together with out any documentation.

Would be great to network with other reprappers !!
smiling smiley
September 21, 2012 05:08AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login