Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguinololu electronic parts

Posted by jininjin 
Sanguinololu electronic parts
February 24, 2012 07:09PM
Anyone know where to get the electronic parts to solder to the Sanguinololu pcb in Toronto or online? [github.com]
Re: Sanguinololu electronic parts
February 25, 2012 12:26AM
Hey I am putting some together
[forums.reprap.org]
I can do the assembly as well but if you just want parts I can do that
February 25, 2012 01:14AM
I would recommend using an arduino mega with ramps.

It may be more expensive but the additional outputs are worth it.
February 25, 2012 09:56AM
What are the additional outputs?
[reprap.org] 1 additional extruder and 1 sensor? or is there something else?
I decided on Sanguinololu since it was cheaper and the soldering instructions seemed easier.
February 25, 2012 12:06PM
Ramps 1.4 has an output for a second extruder heater and a corresponding thermistor input (dualstrusion!). This output can also be used for a gcode controlled fan if you only have 1 extruder. It has 4 servo outputs. The extra pins on the mega can be used for SD support, controlling a chamber, powering a speaker to alert you when a print is done, etc. Its got many spaces to solder pins to add these other devices.
February 25, 2012 03:31PM
The Sanguinololu has enough pins to add SD and a few other accessories (LCD etc). The main difference is the extra extruder driver on the RAMPS board (which is not very well supported by the slicers yet). I have both RAMPS and Sanguinololu and I have to say unless you have some grandiose plan for the future of your first machine I would go with Sanguinololu. If you then decide you want a machine with every possible add-on just build a second machine and buy a RAMPS board.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
February 26, 2012 09:44AM
I did decide to go with the Sanguinololu. It seemed like a better choice for me since I probably wont be dual extruding anytime soon. I can always change later on. I ended up just buying from Mouser using this BOM [ca.mouser.com] I just added the Molex connectors....
February 27, 2012 06:13PM
That's a shame I could have saved you the 20 in
in shipping and a little on bulk purchasing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login