Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UofT RepRap needs parts

Posted by d4rwen 
UofT RepRap needs parts
March 15, 2012 12:53AM
Hi everyone,

I'm from the University of Toronto Robotics Association and we are working on a RepRap Mendel.
Our goal is to bring the power of open source 3d printing to the students at UofT.

We are currently in need of a few small parts and I wanted to get in touch with someone
who has spare parts/would be willing to print and sell the parts.

Thanks,
-ak
Re: UofT RepRap needs parts
March 15, 2012 10:24AM
Hi ak,

I am currently not in a stage where I can print parts yet, but we got our parts from Eckertech in St. Catharines (cheap shipping). They generally sell kits, but they might be able to send you just the specific parts you need.

I've found their parts to be of very good quality. The only issues we had was that some holes were a bit too small for our metal parts. Nothing a little drilling or filing didn't fix.

I imagine someone in Toronto will probably offer to print you some parts, but in any case, Eckertech is an option.

Good luck,
pb
March 16, 2012 05:09PM
No problem...send me the list and I'll print them up for (UofT) at no charge....all I ask is you pay shipping from Whitby or pick them up
March 17, 2012 11:15PM
Thanks for the responses pb and CdnReprap. I received a PM from a reprapper in my area for printing a drive pulley.
Our club will be looking for some more parts to make an extuder assembly soon (sometime next week), so I will keep in touch.

Thanks again for your help!
-ak
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login