Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Improvements and thoughts

Posted by andrew van ees 
Improvements and thoughts
October 21, 2010 10:19AM
Okay first things first, why not plastic rods instead of metal ones. Ones the printer can
make itself and yes I know length, strength maybe an issue. You make then slightly wider and add female and male
ends and there is no length you can not go. Second thing do all the metal rods have to be round, some of these look
simply like frame work so why not wider square plastic with holes or grips added for the electronics. Third thing why
not make all the nuts, bolts, screw universal and out of plastic or better yet find and alternative method with plastic for
putting things together. Okay thats it for my improvement thoughts, just putting it out there for someone to try, as I
have yet to build on myself.

Now for my thoughts in regards to (brain fart) circuit boards, everyone pretty much has a inkjet printer at home or knows
where they can get on cheap. So someone talks to Hp or Epson gets them to make ink that can conduct electricity, and
cloth (business card stock/bristle board) paper that is fire retardant and heat resistant. Someone else makes little plastic
cups with copper pins or copper fish hook like ends with copper insides just like some of the components inside my
computer. You use the ink and paper to print the circuit board the cups to hook into the circuit board (ends locking together)
, glue another piece of cloth on back of the first one and insert the feet of the diodes/capacitors/resistors etc into the cups.
Circuit board is complete and a little flexible as well.

Thats it for my improvements and thoughts,

Have Fun

Regards,

Andrew van Ees
Re: Improvements and thoughts
November 27, 2010 11:29PM
I think plastic rods would not have the rigidity necessary to keep the moving parts in alignment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login