Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for Parts

Posted by ksmith5135 
Looking for Parts
March 12, 2010 12:48PM
HI there,

I am in Regina, Saskatchewan and I have collected all the parts for my Mendel except the RP ones. There doesn't seem to be anyone locally who has a working printer so I thought that I would try your group. If anyone is able and willing to print me a set I will gladly pay $300 for them and will also commit to printing off at least one full set for the Toronto RR group as soon as my machine is working.

I am hoping that the current shortage of parts will ease over the next 6 to 8 months as more machines come on line. I have also been collecting the parts for a DIY powder printer like Alvaro Fogassa's but I wanted to build the Mendel first since it has more complete documentation. If I can't find the RP parts for Mendel I may just forge ahead on the powder printer and see how far I get. If so I will try to document it well for future builders.
Re: Looking for Parts
March 19, 2010 01:59AM
Trying to build a couple repraps in Saskatoon. In basically the same situation, but will let you know if I find a supply of RP parts.

do you have a supply or means of making nozzles. I am still trying to figure out how I am going to do that.
April 09, 2010 02:34PM
RR'ed parts situtation sucks, I think your right though, lots of people are starting to sell and in 6-8 months it'll be a problem of the past.

As for extruders try makerbot.com - they sell thermal barriers, nozzels, barrels, nichrome wire and insulating materials all seperately on this page -> [store.makerbot.com]

with that you'll have everything you need for a basic extruder although if you want to get fancy/experimental you can also try the bits from bytes hot end kit (supposedly more reliable although I haven't tried it yet and I don't know how long that'd take to ship from the UK).
March 09, 2011 07:39AM
Try north90ty on ebay he is from Saskatchewan. I just both a set on Reprap Prusa parts from him on ebay.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login