Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best Display and ease of installation

Posted by Scubasteve23 
Best Display and ease of installation
October 10, 2013 10:45PM
Hey Guys,
So I recently had a room mate move in with me and now my printer has been relocated to my room. This wouldn't be a problem if I ran it from a laptop but as of now I have to use my desktop. So I was thinking of adding a display that would allow me to print without the computer. So i was wondering if you guys would let me know what you have used, what you have heard for the best display to use. I am currently running a Prusa i2- ecksbot from eckertech and installed is the Ramps V 1.4. As far as I know it should have no issues running a display. Please let me know what you would use or what you are using. Any ideas as to the best suppliers would be nice too.. thanks

I don't think I'm a geek... but my fiance sure likes to tell me I am.. not sure why... all i talk about is blowing stuff up, shooting stuff, and building stuff. Is it my fault I include chemical compositions, velocities/ trajectories, and static/dynamic strengths of my creations. Hey.. who says you can't be a little of everything.. right???
Re: Best Display and ease of installation
October 15, 2013 09:27PM
30 People have viewed this and no one has any input? Does anyone have a display?
January 14, 2014 01:30PM
Have you looked into this?

[www.thingiverse.com]
January 20, 2014 11:16AM
GADGETS3D Shield?

[www.ebay.ca]
January 20, 2014 07:50PM
blanchas..yes i have looked at thingiverse

zuberio....im sure that one would work

The one I went with was [www.reprapdiscount.com]

It works great and I now can put my printer anywhere I want... Eckertech in St. Catherine's helped me set it up and it hasnt caused me any issues yet.. been running it for about 3 months now... best add on ever!
February 03, 2014 06:11PM
I'm using Viki on two machines. Works great but I had a bit of a quality issue with one(LCD mounting post) so look it over if you order one to make sure its ok.

[www.panucatt.com] ..... Shipping is a bit slow but worth the wait.
February 05, 2014 04:40PM
CdnReprap
I'm using Viki on two machines. Works great but I had a bit of a quality issue with one(LCD mounting post) so look it over if you order one to make sure its ok.

[www.panucatt.com] ..... Shipping is a bit slow but worth the wait.

What type of machines are you running? Any issues with the programming interface?
March 03, 2014 11:56AM
I'm running the following 4 machines.

Original mendel with Gen3/Ramps 1.2 with Viki LCD
Orignial mendel with Azteeg X3 and Viki LCD
Prusa i2 with Azteeg X1 (Sanguino) and Viki LCD
Prusa i2 with Azteeg X3 (ramps 1.4) and Viki LCD

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2014 12:19PM by CdnReprap.
September 22, 2014 09:42AM
I'm using this one on my Prusa i3

only 24.95 from [shop.folgertechnologies.com]
September 26, 2014 09:32PM
Waltermixx
I'm using this one on my Prusa i3

only 24.95 from [shop.folgertechnologies.com]

I also use this display, works well. Keep in mind that you need to use Marlin firmware to use this display.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login