Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seeking existing user for education before I jump in

Posted by NukedWorker 
Seeking existing user for education before I jump in
June 10, 2014 02:49PM
I live in the Peterborough area, and was hoping I could find someone (or many somebodies) with a machine that could help to educate me. I've done some reading, and am hoping to pick up Prusa's book when it comes out, but up close and personal visuals / hands on is the best way to learn. Not sure how far I'd be willing to drive to see it, but as I get closer to being able to afford it (6 mo - 1 year) I'm sure I'll drive farther. I'm in Bowmanville / Oshawa / Whitby fairly often so that wouldn't be a big deal right now.

I see vast potential in this as my dad is an RC hobbyist (Planes Boats AND Autos), I know others that like to work with models, and I'm a nerd looking for a decent hobby.

Thanks for any willing victims!
Re: Seeking existing user for education before I jump in
July 24, 2014 11:45PM
If you are willing to drive to Toronto, there is a monthly meeting on the last Monday of each month. The location sometimes changes but lately it's been at MakeLab.

[www.Toronto3DPrinters.com] - Monthly meetup
[www.MakeLab.ca] - Current location

If you can't make the monthly meeting but find you will be in Toronto, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I have a highly modified Prusa Mendel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login