Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel RP parts in TO

Posted by mlindsay 
Mendel RP parts in TO
August 03, 2010 07:35PM
Hi All,

Is anyone running off mendel parts for sale in TO? Got everything else ready to build minus the plastic bits ;p

Also is the user group still meeting?

Cheers,
Mike
Re: Mendel RP parts in TO
August 04, 2010 05:44PM
Hi Mike,

We are just finishing up a set in St. Catharines if you're interested.
It's in black ABS, the first complete set printed on our Mendel. smiling smiley The parts look really nice.

Not sure about the user group, I'm pretty new myself. We have our own little group of three here. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Bruce
August 04, 2010 08:49PM
Definitely interested, toss me a PM with pricing. You hit anything major during the build process of your Mendel?
August 05, 2010 09:33PM
Bruce falls from chair in a fit of hysterical laughter. Hits the floor... OUCH!!!! Just kidding. smiling smiley

Anything major? How about everything major? Most notably, a crooked frame, can't figure how that even happened. A broken pulley, broken belt, exploding chip, a stepper motor physically losing its steps, didn't know that could happen either. Not trying to deter, just passing on some of our experiences. It's actually been quite an adventure so far. In the last three months we have all become very well versed in Mendel. When you make your way through problems and pitfalls it is a truly rewarding experience. When people see the machine running, they stop and just watch, like it's magic.
August 07, 2010 11:52AM
*lol* It will take a lot more then that to deter...if it becomes sentient and tries to enslave the world, let me be the first to say hello to our new plastic spewing overloads ;p
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login