Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RUG Toronto Meetup @ Hacklab.to / Monday Jan. 10

Posted by d1plo1d 
RUG Toronto Meetup @ Hacklab.to / Monday Jan. 10
January 08, 2011 02:30AM
This monday january 10th at 7pm we are restarting the Toronto User Group Meetups with our first meetup at Hacklab.to.

This is the first meeting so we're sort of making it up as we go along but I'm hoping to have talks, clinics and build sessions in the future. For the first meetup I'm thinking introductions [if you've got something you've been working on feel free to give a quick show and tell] and then a RepRap clinic to get all those broken/half completed 3d printers working so BYOB and BYO.. Printer smiling smiley

We will have at least 2 Mendels, a Darwin and a Makerbot at this first event so for people who haven't gotten to see these before now's your chance! We also have a few different printer prototypes for you to check out courtesy of Hacklab.to peoples and of course all the machines you peoples are bringing.

See you then!

- Rob

Directions

Hacklab.to is located at 170a baldwin st. on top of graffitis bar so if you find the bar just look for a black metal door next to the sign and thats us. If you end up in a bar you've gone through the wrong door smiling smiley
Re: RUG Toronto Meetup @ Hacklab.to / Monday Jan. 10
January 08, 2011 03:07AM
Yay!

I'll have to come out for one of those (from Ottawa), but not till it warms up. grinning smiley

Rob, you should use the blog (and back link to here). Also, don't forget to tell them they should probably join our technical-but-friendly official developers' mailing list: reprap-dev since they're probably official developers. smiling bouncing smiley (Hopefully they're the technical-but-friendly type.)

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
January 11, 2011 10:49AM
Is this going to be a regular thing at hacklab?

I'm out in Whitby and I would love to make new friends with like interests, get involved, donate some stuff, contribute...ect

Thx
Dan
January 11, 2011 03:08PM
There was some discussion of that at the meetup. The first RepRap User Group Meetup was a great success, we were a bit worried no one would show up but we ended up with Liav bringing his Darwin, the U of T RepRap group bringing their Mendel, all the hackabber RepRaps and a lot of people who came to check out the mayhem. Oh yeah, and Wade showed up out of nowhere. So long story short, yes - we're definitely having more!

For future events there are a couple locations (hackerspaces, etc.) that have an interest in hosting a RepRap User Group Meetup so we'll probably end up cylcing through them. The next event is looking like it's going to be Site3. I just need to get in contact with Seth/Alex/Jonathan and organize a time.

Hopefully I'll put out earlier notice next time and you can make the trip down.

Cheers,

Rob

PS. What would everyone like to see more of next time? What went well, what was kinda lame?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2011 03:10PM by d1plo1d.
January 13, 2011 04:34PM
Rob...Thx for the info

I was thinking of stopping in on the 24th to the unpatched Tuesdays to check it out..... introduce myself and meet some of the other members.

Until then...if you guys need anything for the printers your working on let me know.

Thx
Dan
Hello

I just came across this topic a couple of weeks ago amd am really interested in building a mendal. I have been interested in CNC technology and building it for a while now. I would like to meet up with any groups and am sad i missed this meeting. Is there any regular meetings or other meetings that i might be able to attend?

regards,
Zelly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login