Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parts required

Posted by fredlatesta 
Parts required
September 17, 2011 03:41PM
HI,

The kids are gone, and I have the weekend to myself to tune my Prusa.

I just discovered a crack (delamination) on my Wades Extruder. This would be a great time for me to "upgrade" to a Greg's Hinged Accessible Extruder. Would any kind soul in 416 happen to have a spare I could get? I would be willing to meet at the nearest Tim's and reimburse for the Extruder.

I can check back here while I work on my Skeinforge settings.

Thanks
Re: Parts required
September 19, 2011 11:10AM
I have a few printed.

Materialconfused smileytratasys P400 ABS, Color: Black
Materialconfused smileytratasys P400 ABS, Color Natural

All printed on commercial FDM machines

Make me an offer for one smiling smiley
Re: Parts required
October 12, 2011 10:46AM
CdnReprap;

It's been a few weeks since I got to meet you and pick up the Greg's Hinged Accessible Extruder. I am amazed at the quality of those parts. The Extruder as I type is printing off 4 of Gregs LM8UU Y-axis holders to go with the LM8UU bearings. Between work, and real life Its taken me these few weeks to tweak my Prusa to the point where I am happy with the results.

While I was there, you had asked that I try printing with some black ABS, and I wanted to let you know that those 4 y-axis are being done in the Black ABS. After these are done, I will put them through a few laps on the printer and will report back.

My printer, which I'm thinking of nicknaming Von Neumann is quickly becoming a rainbow of colours with all the parts upgrades.

I just wanted to say thank you again for some great products (the extruder, bearing, and ABS) and I'm kicking myself for not getting the hot plate when I was there.

I guess now I have an excuse to go back again.

I hope you can get your store back online because the quality and service I received should be shared with many more people in the reprap community.

Regards
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login