Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UK Source for plastic?

Posted by AgeingHippy 
UK Source for plastic?
October 06, 2010 12:14PM
Hello All

Any updates on a reliable and reasonable source of plastic in the UK?

I am guessing ABS is the best to start with?

Cheers
Re: UK Source for plastic?
October 07, 2010 08:00AM
ABS is supposedly easy to print but prone to warping, to the point where you can't print large parts without a heated bed. PLA warps much less and large parts won't warp much even without a heated bed.

Reprapcentral.com sell both PLA and ABS though theres no price on their website.

reprapkit sells ABS at £16.98/Kg, less if you order 5Kg reels.
October 07, 2010 12:50PM
Do you have a website or phone number of reprap kit. I could not find them via google.

Thanks Keith
October 07, 2010 05:52PM
October 07, 2010 06:02PM
Hi Guys,

We do sell both PLA and ABS but it has to be imported at the moment significantly increasing the cost. We're having talks next week which may help us get the price of these plastics down significantly. Wish us luck!

Regards
Admin@reprapcentral.com
October 08, 2010 09:52AM
Good Luck

smiling smiley
October 21, 2010 08:59AM
Hey ReprapCentral

No update on your negotiations?

Looking at your website you mention the possability of import charges being applied.... I am afraid I cannot buy when I don't know my final price. I do not wish to be whacked with the royal mail/ parcelforce handling charge because of import charges either...

FWIW - I am close to the point of needing some plastic...
October 22, 2010 07:46AM
Hi AH,

Things are progressing on the filament front. I need some independent experienced Reprappers to do some testing with sample ABS and PLA filaments. If anyones interested, please register on RepRapCentral.com and use the Contact Us button to send your info, thanks.

The import comment is a temporary statement and will disappear shortly.

How much ABS/PLA do you need? contact me via the site and I'll see what I can do

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2010 03:13PM by RepRap Central.
October 31, 2010 09:55AM
AH

Import statement now removed. Straight forward purchase of ABS and PLA Filament on the site (Available in various colours including a Rainbow set of coloured ABS and even a Glow in the dark pack!).

We are improving RepRapCentral.com all the time. Why not visit us and make all the effort worthwhile. We've even started a library section with interesting articles and videos showing developments in 3D Printing. Any suggestions for content are more than welcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2010 01:59PM by RepRap Central.
November 02, 2010 08:31PM
New competitive price for ABS and PLA on www.reprapcentral.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login