Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newbie saying hi

Posted by laycat 
Newbie saying hi
January 04, 2011 11:44AM
Title speaks for itself really.

Hi! I'm a newbie, been reading the wiki for a good couple of days and the more I read the more fascinated I am. I actually stumbled across this project when looking up DIY 3D fabrication, a spin-off idea from a current project designing and building a combi-CNC machine capable of Milling, and Incremental Sheet Forming (and perhaps Laser'ing in the future?). I'm a Mech Eng student at Notts Uni, (live in Manchester out of term time) and planning on getting my teeth stuck in to building a Mendel and running some tests after the Janurary exams!
Re: Newbie saying hi
January 05, 2011 04:33AM
Welcome and good luck

It certainly is a learning curve smiling smiley
January 05, 2011 04:17PM
Welcome! smiling smiley

Being a student, I would suggest also looking at repstraps, as you will probably have access to milling equipment this may be a more cost effective route.

Andy
January 09, 2011 09:22PM
Hi

Since your in Nottingham you should pop along to Nottingham hackspace.
We have open hacknight's ever wednesday, i'm usually there and would be willing to chat 'reprap', i started building my mendel early last year, and I'm still finishing bits in between other projects.

For more info on NottingHack check nottinghack.org.uk
and fell free to join the NottingHack Google Group

Matt
January 10, 2011 03:15AM
Thanks for all the welcomes!

@dps.lwk: I noticed a similar post mentioning NottingHack when trawling the forums, and looked into it, looks very cool. Think I'm gonna head down to an open hacknight end of Jan, mid-Feb ish when exams are over and I'm getting into the swing of work again.

APT
January 10, 2011 04:34AM
laycat,

http://reprap.org/wiki/What_Tooling_Do_You_Have ?

Also, you should join reprap-dev, our "friendly but technical mailing list for all you friendly but technical people out there!" grinning smiley
[reprap.org]

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
January 10, 2011 07:42AM
SebastienBailard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> [reprap.org] ?
>

lol - I think that must be Sebastien's favorite page winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login