Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Software connects but does not turn on the power

Posted by jknowles 
Software connects but does not turn on the power
July 04, 2012 09:19AM
Hi

I have built a Prusa Mendel and am using NEMa17 stepper motors. I have got a prebuilt Gen7 1.3.1 board and an old PC PSU. Power light comes on. I loaded the Teacup firmware and then when I start pronterface software and press connect it says printer is online and the next line are some thermal values from the heaters (198 and 197 but no thermocouple connected.

However I cannot seem to get any further and I think it is the power supply which is in some sort of idle mode.

I previously uploaded a test script which turned one of th heaters on and off and this worked fine (you can hear the PSU come on). However with the new firmware the steppers or indeed any other buttons dont respond in Pronterface software. Any clues would be appreciated!

Jonathan
Re: Software connects but does not turn on the power
November 26, 2012 09:48PM
I am experiencing a similar issue. I am testing opto-endstops and cannot get the PSU to cycle to 'on' vs. 'standby' even with an M200 sent. Using a Gen 7 1.4.1 PCB with an ATmega644-20PU and Teacup firmware. Also tested with only a USB-TTL and ATX-24 plugged in, same result. When I manually short the PSU on with a piece of wire, I can get the Opto-endstop LED to come on. Why isn't the processor turning the PSU on???
Re: Software connects but does not turn on the power
November 26, 2012 09:53PM
Additional Note. Using Pronterface.
Connecting...
Printer is now online.
>>>M115
SENDING:M115
ok FIRMWARE_NAME:Teacup FIRMWARE_URL:[github.com] PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:Mendel EXTRUDER_COUNT:1 TEMP_SENSOR_COUNT:2 HEATER_COUNT:2
>>>M200
SENDING:M200
x_min:0 y_min:0 z_min:0
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login