Posted by jay_s 
Hello all. Anyone from the north east?
July 12, 2012 08:01AM
Based in Darlington here.
Almost finished my build.
Anyone nearby???

Based in Darlington, North East
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20120712_073604.jpg (414 KB)
Re: Hello all. Anyone from the north east?
July 20, 2012 02:16AM
Based in Hexham, nearly finished building: Prusa Mendel with Sanguinololu, Marlin and probably Pronterface. Fortunate to have a friend who understands electronics to get me over stupid hurdles like simply not providing it with enough power...
I'm interested in using Marlin for other projects, like a robot arm, but it's a massive bit of code across hundreds of pages and tens of files that I'm having difficulty understanding. I can use Processing, and I'm getting my head round Arduino, reading Kernighan and Ritchie, but this is one or even two orders of magnitude bigger! Any suggestions?

Dave Edwick
July 24, 2012 05:12PM
I've started to attend a group every other Wednesday in Newcastle, called makerspace.
Maybe you should come along?
I've only just started using arduino too, but there's a few guys there who are more experienced.
I'm having major issues with my electronics with my hot ends at the moment, but I'll get there.
Drop me a pm if you're interested.

Jay

July 25, 2012 01:56AM
Jay - many thanks for that - I'll get in touch with them and hopr to meet you there. What sort of issues are you having? I made the mistake of using the wrong pwoer supply - nowhere near enough amps available, and I hadn't relasied that steppers draw mor curretn when they are stationary. You can see I'm an absolute beginner! Cheers, Dave.
July 25, 2012 07:41AM
Just the electronics being a pain in the arse.
Built my own sanguino, everything would move correctly apart from the x-axis which will only move one way.
Endstops aren't registering when they get set off.
Upgraded the 644p to a 1284p for LCD support and its not booting.
Just headache after headache.
And here's me hoping to print this week.
So i'm going to resolder my board and go from there.

Jay

July 25, 2012 12:40PM
Sorry to hear the tale of woe - not much I can offer in the way of advice, I'm afraid. I may try and get to Saturday's meeting. Cheers, Dave.
July 25, 2012 05:58PM
Its OK.
I enjoy the challenge!
I'll be there on Saturday with my printer.
Hoping all my parts turn up before I leave and that my machine prints by the end of the meet.
See you there!

August 19, 2012 04:42PM
Hi jay_s

I'm based in Newcastle and go to the Newcastle Maker Space on a regular basis.
August 27, 2012 10:48AM
if you need anyhelp with the electronics or whatever give me a shout , i'm in hartlepool
August 27, 2012 10:50AM
anyone local with a working machine ? , i could do with some parts making for a rostock , i have the stl files

Dave
Roy
September 10, 2012 07:09PM
Hi jay_s

I'm interested in making my own reprap machine and was wondering if you will be taking yours to the makers space next, I live in Newcastle and would love to have a look at one working. Also some advice on the Arduino firmware side of things.

Many thanks

Roy
September 28, 2012 05:45PM
Edinburgh, Scotland... hey y'all Northerners!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login