Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for help with stepper motors and control (Hampshire UK)

Posted by kizzer 
Looking for help with stepper motors and control (Hampshire UK)
August 22, 2012 05:45AM
Hi Guys,

Kinda off topic but here we go....

I'm looking to make a device for recording guitars whereby I can move a microphone stand left and right over a distance of about 7 inches to cover the centre to outer cone of a speaker. I would like it to be push button controlled, so that I could move it a 1/4 inch left or right over a distance of around 7 inches.

I was pointed this directon from a recording forum after first looking at camera sliders using stepper motors. Yesterday I found this:

[www.youtube.com]

This looks like a great way of doing it. The microphone would be mounted to the plate and could be moved left and right by the push of a button.

I am a complete novice at all of this, so would love any incite you could give to me on this subject.

Thankyou

Kieran
Re: Looking for help with stepper motors and control (Hampshire UK)
September 17, 2012 02:13PM
I am not entirely sure what you are doing but suspect that a servo controlled by an arduino might be the way to go.

I don't think you will need a stepper motor as the forces aren't likely to be that great. You probably don't need an arduino and could do it just with switches.

Hope this helps

Kieran.

We have finished the reprap prusa, it is working well and have printed of some of our first objects. We are looking to start building quad copters.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login