Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wanted 5 x £100 investors. london shared ownership or building club

Posted by reprap2k 
wanted 5 x £100 investors. london shared ownership or building club
June 02, 2013 03:52AM
Hi,
I was just about to buy a 3d printer when i remembered i dont really have £1000 to invest.

so i thought about getting 10 investors at £100 each. i've got 5 or 6 and more will follow.
drop me a line if you're interested.

the printer i've found is based on the makerbot replicator (2 extruders and heated build plate).
it's almost new, fully working and ready to roll at £1000.

i'm open to suggestions for other low-budget printers.
update:
i've found assembled solidoodle at $US500 (gen2) $800 (gen3) + $130 shipping + tax??
ultimaker euro1200 (kit) euro1700 (assembled) + euro40 shipping + tax (which i can probably get refunded)

printing in PLA (biodegradeable) seems the responsible thing to do. both ultimaker and solidoodle can use PLA, although solidoodle recommends ABS. can reprap use PLA?

i'm especially interested in the reprap and other opensource projects and would ideally like to have a build club where we build 1 or more together.
i like the idea of being able to build and maintain the machine and also to replicate most of the parts.

is there anyone in the london area who would like to get involved?
it could be located in croydon, hackney or somewhere 'safe' suggested by another member of the investment group/build club/coop.

thanks for reading and good luck with your 3d printer projects.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2013 04:35AM by reprap2k.
Re: wanted 5 x £100 investors. london shared ownership or building club
June 07, 2013 04:34AM
why so much why not go for a mendal 90 or a prusa i3 self sourcing parts build or kit forms much cheaper than £1000

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2013 04:34AM by chris33.

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login