Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parts in the UK

Posted by Ankur 
Parts in the UK
October 19, 2007 11:37AM
Hello.

We have reprap as my final tear group project. We are looking forward to order parts within a week. We have had a look at the parts list online and feel that there are many parts that can be found in the UK itself. That got us thinking and we were able to source many parts from within the UK.

But a majority of them are still on their way from the USA. I was thinking whether anyone knew how many parts we can get locally or nationally. All the tools needed and all the fasteners, screws etc. were never of any concern, its just the other major parts like the motors, the PCBs etc. that are on their way from America. That eats up a lot of our time which we can possibly save, if someone can share this little piece of information.

Warm regards,
Re: Parts in the UK
October 20, 2007 04:51AM
Hi I'm looking to set up supply of all parts within the UK, for UK and Europe to reduce shipping costs and time keeping the buy costs for the end user the same or cheaper by buying in bulk (small bulk) and the buyer only having one shipping cost. We're not quite there yet but getting closer every day.

If you would like to Private Message me with the parts you require i would be very happy to give you pricing and availability, in the next week or so we will have a web site up making the process much simpler!

All the parts are available UK side as the original RepRap is UK (Bath) we are just trying to streamline the buying process including access to all the RP parts in moulded form.

Regards Ian
October 24, 2007 10:04AM
Hi Ian I am also doing my final year project in london, having such a site to order parts from would make life so much easier and quicker.. so thank you and look forward to using the site asap.
Kind Regards
Shaeeb

P.S how are the mouldings coming along?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2007 10:06AM by Shaeeb.
October 24, 2007 10:36AM
Hi Shaeeb

Getting final RP parts from Ed on Friday so a few weeks after that

Ian
November 01, 2007 12:15PM
Hi Ian.

Thanks for your comment. We've already gone through and ordered the stuff for now, some from the USA, some from the local shops here and some from Asia.

We can definitely look upon you if we need some spares quickly. Do keep us informed if you'r planing to setup a website or any other way in which we can approach you to order parts.

Regards.
Anonymous User
November 11, 2007 09:39AM
Ian Adkins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> All the parts are available UK side as the
> original RepRap is UK (Bath) we are just trying to
> streamline the buying process including access to
> all the RP parts in moulded form.
>
> Regards Ian

Does that mean we will be able to buy all RP parts soon?

If so yay, any idea of timescales?
November 11, 2007 10:12AM
Yes I was hoping to have done a fully assembled trial this weekend but family commitments changed that plan! but should be sorted mid this week and yes I will have all the RP parts or equivalent just need to test fit them all. I would hope complete kit of RP parts to be ready early next week.

Ian
Anonymous User
November 11, 2007 11:00AM
That's absolutly amazing, I new people where close to having Rp parts ready for sale, but I though it wouldn't of been until early next year.
Anonymous User
STEPPER MOTORS MISSING!!!
November 16, 2007 11:44AM
Its been 2 weeks now and motors and springs from Farnell(UK) haven't arrived. After inquiring with them about my order, they say the pats are now out of stock, and restocking could take a month!!!!!???!!!

Any ideas where I could get more motors from??

Ankur
Re: STEPPER MOTORS MISSING!!!
November 16, 2007 01:35PM
There's some talk about alternate sources here: [forums.reprap.org]

Seems like, of the off-the-shelf parts, the steppers are the hardest to source.
November 16, 2007 05:28PM
Would it help to have a subforum in
[forums.reprap.org]
for the UK? It's a minute's work to create one.
Anonymous User
November 19, 2007 10:21AM
SebastienBailard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would it help to have a subforum in
> [forums.reprap.org]
> for the UK? It's a minute's work to create one.

It would help a lot.
November 19, 2007 03:43PM
Forum created. Please hop in and introduce yourself, describe how you're building your machine, what you plan to make with it, and where you're getting your parts.

Moved this thread into that forum to help discussion started.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2007 11:49AM by SebastienBailard.
January 18, 2008 11:43AM
Ian's parts website now seems to be online
[bitsfrombytes.com]

Link found from,
[reprap.org]
June 10, 2008 04:42PM
Hello,

I have an uncle who owns and injection molding company in Bucks, would it be of any use to see if I can help with getting the parts made in bulk?

Best Regards

James
April 05, 2009 03:59AM
hey everyone,

not long started getting the electronics togther for a reprap but having troubl getting hold of one of the pcb's

was planning on buiding with gen 3 electronics but cant seem to get hold of the reprap motherboard (rrrf dont have any more)

anyone know where i could get one or of a good company to get pcb's printed?

many thanks
April 07, 2009 04:38AM
I use [www.pcbtrain.co.uk] for small prototype runs always been very happy with the service etc

Ian
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]
April 07, 2009 06:09PM
thanks

ordered it now anyway, makerbot started selling complete motherboard kits so got one there. thsnks for the advice though.

just wait for bits to arrive now and learn to solder surface mount conections, how hard can it be lol. may get something to practise on first lol
October 27, 2009 05:40PM
Hi i am looking at building a reprap i have seen that you may use nema 14/17 stepper motors but would any others work from rs components
February 19, 2010 05:41PM
Hi guy's

I am looking to try get hold a set of mendel parts ? Is there anyone who has a up and running reprap who maybe help for a fee for time and parts ?

Gary ( liverpool )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login