Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where are people?

Posted by TheFallen 
Re: Where are people?
September 20, 2010 10:30AM
Hi Dave,

Welcome! thumbs up

You'll have to design us a Stepper motor controller ASIC that can be printed and run cool!

As you can see from above me and a guy in the US are working on revised electronics for Mendel (that's the current machine project name if you weren't aware).

Andy
November 03, 2010 11:00AM
Andy in (not so) Great Yarmouth, Norfolk...hello! smiling smiley
November 04, 2010 06:50PM
I'm in Aberdeen - anyone close to me???
PJdrinking smiley
November 04, 2010 07:33PM
I'm in sub-tropical Aberdeen, up on the north side.
While I'm interested in RepRappery, She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed isn't and doesn't want me to.

There is another guy in Aberdeen (and posting to this forum) who is well advanced on building a RepRap.

--
Aidan in Sunny (?) sub-tropical (very) Aiberdeen. Fit like, loon?
What grabs my interest ? Making models of fossils which are preserved as rock that ISN'T THERE.
November 10, 2010 09:44PM
Ah HA! Found you all.

Hi everyone. Im in deepest darkest Dorset.
November 11, 2010 04:51PM
I'm in Gloucester.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
December 22, 2010 09:57AM
hi are you still about? i'm in Camberley
March 10, 2011 11:22AM
Andy

I live in Havant and have a non-communicating RepRap motherboard. I badly need to meet someone who can tell me whether the fault lies in the motherboard or my understanding of the software.

Are you still in Bognor? Are you open to a pint/coffee some time?

John Worley - Havant
March 12, 2011 04:39AM
Hi All just thought I would introduce myself.
Bob in Inverness I am just starting in this 3D lark. I have oredered the rods, bearings, wood and plastic for the Mendal build.
So I hope you wont mind some daft questions on the build.
All the best
Bob
March 12, 2011 07:34PM
Hi Bob, Piper of Redness,
RedPiperBob
Bob in Inverness I am just starting in this 3D lark. I have oredered the rods, bearings, wood and plastic for the Mendal build.

There's myself in deepest darkest and recently-snowed Aberdeen, but the wife forbade me from getting involved in such a project and took over my desk/ workroom for her college studies. So I can't really be of assistance.

There is also a Lionel in Aberdeen, who had a part-built RepRap last time I saw him, last summer. I don't know how he's getting on though. But he posts here, and hopefully listens too. I have a phone number for him, but it's really for him to contact you. If his machine is working, then bootstrapping and repairs becomes a realistic possibility.

--
What grabs my interest ? Making models of fossils which are preserved as rock that ISN'T THERE.
March 13, 2011 08:18AM
Hi John,

I am still around and still tinkering- see your e mail for message- I drive past Havant every day
Andy
March 16, 2011 04:03AM
Hi RocDoc
Nice to here from you Ive ordered bits from different suppiers and am waiting for the first to come .should have some by the weekend but I dont think the RP's will be here until next week.
keep in touch
Bob
March 16, 2011 02:24PM
redpiperbob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi RocDoc
> keep in touch
> Bob

Will do.
As I said, the wife has banned me from getting involved in another "computing bits" project, but I retain my interest.
We're in the process of moving at the moment, and in my personal "wish list" for where we move to is either a room for my projects, or a garage where I can do my tinkering. At which point, I'll be able to get involved in a practical sense.

But for now ... I have to head off to a geological quiz-night.

--
March 19, 2011 05:31PM
I live near Waterlooville Hampshire.
April 26, 2011 04:46PM
Hi all, I'm in Trowbridge, not too far from the spiritual home of reprap, Bath, though I'm selling up and will be moving to Amazingstoke ... sorry, Basingstoke by June. I'm building a MrKim 1X2 repstrap [mrkimrobotics.com] and [www.thingiverse.com], as much as possible locally sourced. Though I did end up buying a Gen6 board from mendel-parts.com, if they ever get more in stock and send me one...
May 05, 2011 02:16AM
Cheltenham Gloucestershire

Part way through my first Mendel Prusa (RAMPS based), Shame RM failed to deliver my stepper motors yesterday :@,

I work as an Apprentice Engineer - making prototypes.

I've had a little bit of an introduction to FDM's at work but never been allowed to pull one apart, ticker with it and see what happens.

Rob
May 05, 2011 03:33AM
ijmok
I've had a little bit of an introduction to FDM's at work but never been allowed to pull one apart, ticker with it and see what happens.

eye popping smiley

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
July 04, 2011 12:48PM
Lo all.

I'm near Colchester. Yes. Im an essex boy, but don't hold that against me smiling smiley

I'm into micro controllers (Pic micros) and robotics (hense the handle) and the Reprap is just what the robotics community needs. A simple way to make their own specific parts for building bots. This could mean a biped bot explosion. I have a good selection of tools, a lathe to play with and ability to make simple pcbs etc.

Just got in to this 3d printing lark.

Been hanging around on the wiki/irc for a little while.

I've just ordered an Adurino Mega clone and I'm planning on a RAMPS setup.

Anyone else in the Essex area into this ? Found somebody on Ebay selling some bits from Chelmsford just down the road from me. Hi Alex.

I'd like to get some plastics on a loaner program if possible, but I'm not ready yet. Want to get the hardware in and the electronics working first. If I can't get loaner plastics I'll go down the repstrap route. To skint to buy parts at the moment confused smiley.

Wheres the South East UK RUG ? Is there enough interest round here ?

I'd love to here from anyone in the area thats building or has built a reprap.

Anyways, Good luck on the repraping

Regards

Rob
robsbots
August 05, 2011 11:32AM
I've just ordered the plastics and am building ASAP, I'm based in Slough.

Andrew

Based in Slough, United Kingdom
August 10, 2011 02:28PM
I'm in the process of assembling the parts for a Prusa in Downham Market, Norfolk, UK. Already two of my friend who know what I'm doing have become quite anxious to get their hands on one too...

Julian
August 10, 2011 03:01PM
It would be good if everyone put a location in their sig, I've used several forums where that is compulsory.

Makes it easy to connect locally and ask where someone got a part etc...

Andrew

Based in Slough, United Kingdom
August 10, 2011 03:07PM
AndrewD Wrote:
> It would be good if everyone put a location in
> their sig, I've used several forums where that is
> compulsory.
>
> Makes it easy to connect locally and ask where
> someone got a part etc...

Good idea Andrew. Done. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 03:09PM by Bluesteel.

Julian

Downham Market, Norfolk, UK.
August 20, 2011 01:17PM
Hi All,

I have just started to build a Mendel Prusa in my shed just between Portsmouth and Southampton.

Regards,
stuphi
August 24, 2011 01:15PM
Just though I'd say hi - I'm located near Cambridge, and am building a Prusa. My build blog is here: http://foraysinto3d.blogspot.com/
August 25, 2011 07:42AM
Lsutehall Wrote:
> Just though I'd say hi - I'm located near
> Cambridge, and am building a Prusa. My build blog
> is here: [foraysinto3d.blogspot.com]

Hello,

Great Blog. I'll keep an eye on that as I'm also building Prusa just a few rail stops North of you, and you're in advance of me now, as my electronics and motors have taken a long time to arrive from the supplier, but hopefully they should be here tomorrow.

Julian

Downham Market, Norfolk, UK.
October 23, 2011 09:09PM
Guildford, Surrey.

I'm still in the pondering phase, not got started on a build yet. Even so, I keep looking at things and thinking "I could print that, if only I had a reprap....."
October 25, 2011 04:17PM
Hi folks
I'm new here and am based in Bangor North Wales. I am building a Prusa and am currently trying to get the RAMPS 1.4 and stepper mptors working but I haven't a clue how to do so...I got the Arduino connected and responding to commends, now got to do pin assignments etc.

Dave
October 28, 2011 04:16AM
I'm almost dead on the border between Staffordshire and Derbyshire (Derbyshire postcode, technically still in Staffordshire), in the middle of nowhere.
Closest (well recognizable) town is probably Buxton, the mineral water one, not the one in Norfolk.

I've currently got the frame built, got the stepper motors and I'm waiting on my RAMPS 1.4 board from RepRapWorld.

My Reprap blog

jds-reprap.blogspot.com
October 28, 2011 12:24PM
Hi all,
I'm just north of Cambridge, I have just finished my mechanical side of a pursa and about to start the electronics.
Parts to still order are: hot end resistor and heated bed.
So hopefully will be up and running next week.

Like ur blog Lsutehall, maybe we can get together sometime?

Stephen.
November 06, 2011 05:43PM
Just starting up with RepRap, currently building a Prusa Mendel and I live in Southampton, Hampshire!

[indieflows.blogspot.com]
[www.emakershop.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login