Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sintron 3D printer broken firmware

Posted by chris125 
sintron 3D printer broken firmware
January 23, 2022 12:55PM
I've got a Sintron TW-102 3D printer, but the default firmware (seemingly a modification of Marlin 1.0.0 for Prusa Mendal) was set up without EEPROM saving of parameters enabled, and no suitable limit on the z-axis max speed.

I could alter the max speed value but this was forgotten every time the printer was reset, and so it was stalling the Z axis motor when it tried to move up 5mm at the start of the program while heating the extruder. I reduced the feedrate for lifting in PrusaSlicer, but this left it stalling as it tried to start the print by traversing down 5mm again, I now realise that there is a maximum z speed setting, but the machine is not currently functioning at all.

I tried updating the firmware for Marlin 1.1.x and set up all defaults suitably, but now whatever I do, whatever display settings I have, the display and the controller's encoder don't work.confused smiley

Also, the UART output is scrambled when baudrate is set correctly in Arduino IDE, and programs will not upload over UART, so it has to have programs uploaded over ICSP.

The control board is an MKS Mini v1.2, there is 1 extruder, 1 fan, no heated bed is fitted on the machine, and 1 z-axis motor. The display is a Reprap Budget Smart Controller.

Does anyone have the Sintron firmware or has anyone managed to setup Marlin 1.1.x for it, what changes must be made from the default configuration?

I can't find the MKS Mini v1.2 in the available boards, and no settings I've tried seem to run the display.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2022 12:56PM by chris125.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login