Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PID or Runnaway ??

Posted by dennisW 
PID or Runnaway ??
February 24, 2022 10:54AM
My settings are now irritating me.
Everything heats up as it should, when starting with a cold printer, I heat the bed first (60-c), then the Extruder(220-c).
It has never failed.
I am now printing first layers, with a new filament, and trying to "dial-it-in", so cancel print re-slice with tweaked settings, - repeat.
If I start the "new" print too soon - that is if the Extruder is above 110-c when the new print heat-up starts to heat the Extruder to 220-c, then I get and error E1 fault, system halted, please reboot.
I now start the new print when the Extruder is approaching 110-c, and hope the bed heating takes longer to get back to 60-c such that when the new print goes to Extruder heating it is below 110-c.
This restart behaviour has always been the same, but it has not been an issue, as I have not needed to start prints so quickly one after the other.
It must be a setting in MARLIN, either the Runaway or the PID, but I don't know which setting to look at, so any help would be very welcome, provided its not the "check wiring, etc.
I think it may be something to do with the PID, as it only errors when the Extruder heating starts and the Nozzle is already above 110-c ( approx ). Anything below and it heats up just fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login