Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Small Injection Molding Unit

Posted by Emmanuel 
Small Injection Molding Unit
April 09, 2012 06:00AM
Found that interesting injection unit [www.sellbic.com] maybe something to learn from or an idea to keep smiling smiley

(via this other topic on granule extruder)
Re: Small Injection Molding Unit
May 02, 2012 08:23PM
You might want to check out the plastic injection book from lindsey publications.
[www.lindsaybks.com]
May 22, 2012 04:01PM
It is interesting that they say producing granules ends up being more work than producing filament... considering that filament is more expensive than granules. That looks like a cool design but seems like those interior grooves would be pretty hard to machine. However, I do think the concept of wrapping the incoming filament around the drive gear to have more traction is a good idea and the fact that this design has traction on the filament almost until it reaches the nozzle seems like it would work better than our "push from behind" strategy.

Anyone want to try making this for reprap? Maybe the interior grooves part could be made from plastic, as an ultra high grip alternative for the pinch wheel?
May 23, 2012 09:55AM
Today's filaments are more expensive than granules because they use granules to make filament, but if they could start with 1,75 or 3mm filament, it would be cheaper smiling smiley (as they said, don't need to cut the thread in pellets)
May 23, 2012 10:08AM
Yes but they make many pellets in parallel simply by having a die with lots of holes and then chop them as they come out. The pellet size and shape does not need to be accurate.

To make filament you need a cooling, stretching and winding machine to ensure the filament is consistent diameter and round, not oval. To use a multi aperture die you would need many of these big expensive machines to go with one extruder. The equipment cost would be very high. With a single winding station your throughput is much slower than a pellet machine machine so I think filament is always going to be more expensive to produce than pellets.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
May 25, 2012 02:44PM
I was too quick in my conclusion, you're right ^^'
July 06, 2012 04:58AM
Dear all

great topic discussed, small injection molding unit gearing up in urban areas as it is heavy demand

cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2012 05:00AM by biswabm.
Injection molding
August 29, 2013 01:54AM
Hi Emmanuel ! Do want some information about the injection modling,But what do want actually, Injection modling Book,injection Modling Company and Injection Modling technical knowledge.I am really confused that's why i provide a multi combination thread that help you [www.actionmold.com] thankshot smiley
October 19, 2013 02:45AM
For your simplification i m sharing some advantage and disadvantage of Injection Molding, I hope it's help u.
Advantages of Injection Molding
High Production rates, Design flexibility, Repeatability within tolerances ,Can process a wide range of materials, Relatively low labor,Little to no finishing of parts,Minimum scrap losses
Disadvantages of Injection Molding
High initial equipment investment, High startup and running costs possible,Part must be designed for effective molding,Accurate cost prediction for molding job is difficult

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2013 02:45AM by jamesmount.
October 19, 2013 09:57AM
A small bench top injection moulder is not difficult to make, a friend of mine made one years ago, a drill press could be modified, tooling may be more of an issue.

Random Precision
A2
November 14, 2013 12:09PM

I imagine that the patent is getting close to expiring.
Any idea where I might be able to view the patent?

Shinco Sellbic Co. LTD.

Desktop hot melt application "3D cell"
September '95 release
[www.sellbic.com]

A2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2013 12:10PM by A2.
Attachments:
open | download - ScreenHunter_220 Nov. 14 12.04.jpg (35 KB)
November 20, 2013 05:19AM
A2

I imagine that the patent is getting close to expiring.
Any idea where I might be able to view the patent?

Shinco Sellbic Co. LTD.

Desktop hot melt application "3D cell"
September '95 release
[www.sellbic.com]

A2

Hey what is this, can you explain more regarding this. According to me it's a variable resister.
A2
November 20, 2013 02:59PM
@ jamesmount
First link in this thread:
[www.sellbic.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login