No need to print circuitry?
May 12, 2009 08:04AM
I just saw an article about the Paperduino on the MAKE blog:

[blog.makezine.com]

Guilherme Martins in Portugal designed an Arduino clone built on a cardboard substrate. The component layout and wiring, top and bottom, are printed on paper and glued to cardboard. You poke holes with a pin and shove the component pins in the holes. Then you wire point-to-point following the printed wiring diagram:

[lab.guilhermemartins.net]

It seems to me that this is a good bootstrapping technique where circuit boards are not available or too expensive. It would also make it very cheap to supply alternative circuit designs if components need to be substituted because of availability or cost.
Lethosos
Re: No need to print circuitry?
May 12, 2009 02:41PM
Well, *technically* you *are* printing circuitry... just not actual copper tracing, but more of a custom breadboard setup.

However, this may actually do better for those who can get the individual bits cheaply, like me. (Skycraft Surplus--you name the transistor, it's quite possibly there! grinning smiley )

Let me know when an Arduino-clone diagram is released, along with a compatable bill of materials attached. grinning smiley
May 12, 2009 04:19PM
Lemme' know when they get this working for SMT. smiling smiley
May 12, 2009 09:08PM
ABSOLUTELY amazing! smiling bouncing smiley

-------------------------------------------------------

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thomas A. Edison
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login