Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder parts problem

Posted by joblafors 
Extruder parts problem
February 07, 2010 08:47AM
Hello!
I have written down almost all I need and am ready to make my order to get all parts I need for mendel (from about 6 internet shops eye popping smiley ).
But I am having few last problem.
[www.reprap.org]
I got most of them (all the electronics), but having problem with PTFE Insulator (15mm) this costs £40.25 sad smiley Heater Barrel are problem two, partlister doesn't list where to get them. Makerbot has something, but I think thats for completely different setup.
And to make ThermoplastExtruder Version 2.0 I have to make order from additional 4 different places, and that sucks sad smiley
Any help please, is there anywhere where I can order ThermoplastExtruder Version 2.0 KIT, or all parts from one place ? I`m relay confused with this.
Any help appreciated, thank you !
Re: Extruder parts problem
February 07, 2010 08:53AM
You can order insulators and heater barrels from reifsnyderb but he's in the US.

That doesn't cover the RP parts for the extruder, of course.

--
I'm building it with Baling Wire
Re: Extruder parts problem
February 07, 2010 06:41PM
I cut my extruder block from wood, and I'm trialing a brass wood screw as my extruder barrel. Still haven't decided how I'm doing my thermal break, perhaps a bit of stainless steel rod or something- SS has fairly low thermal conductivity

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login