Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

chicken and Egg

Posted by jabberwocky 
chicken and Egg
February 09, 2010 12:05PM
I am at that chicken and egg issues in repraping/repstraping of the extruder. Does anyone know where I can buy a kit or get plans for a basic 2d extruder so I can then make parts for an extruder.
Thanks

[thejabberwockyandthejubjubbird.blogspot.com]
Re: chicken and Egg
February 09, 2010 05:32PM
The plan
The result

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
February 09, 2010 05:51PM
Triffid_Hunter
any chance I can get that cad file from you so I can get measurments?
February 09, 2010 10:40PM
What kind of CAD format do you need?
February 09, 2010 11:08PM
oh i can read anything I have a copy of solid works, turbocad and quickcad(basic autocad) so I an pull dimensions off of a .iges or STL or autocad format. Anything handy.
February 10, 2010 07:26AM
jabberwocky, that's the STL from reprap subversion imported into a blender template I made from rab3d.com's precision modelling tutorial. If you want measurements, check out blender's caliper script, or just print it out and measure by hand (or glue onto your wood as a guide) like I did.

Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
February 10, 2010 04:41PM
Ok sounds like a plan. I guess I was over thinking things a bit looking for an easy way out when the easiest way out was just do it. haha
February 10, 2010 07:22PM
A common malady, especially when taking part in research projects which will be a moving target for quite some time- the only way to catch up is to start, then keep going winking smiley

Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
February 11, 2010 03:34PM
I made a wood block one as well. Mine is larger and doesn't have the short shoulders (which I believe are there to allow you to use smaller screws.)

[codeerrors.com]

I don't have the dimensions anymore, I looked at the design, figured out how it works and laid out something that was easy to build.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2010 03:35PM by mccoyn.

Darwin clone, Gen 2 electronics, Arduino Duemilanove w/ AtMega328, 5D Firmware, Pinchwheel extruder
[www.codeerrors.com]
February 27, 2010 05:02AM
I believe BodgeIt was building one from Kitchen mounting blocks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login