Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ballpark price for ABS granules?

Posted by pica 
ballpark price for ABS granules?
September 23, 2010 02:30PM
I've searched the wiki, the forum and the web. Large plastic dealers don't tend to put a price per 50 lb bag on their website, and indeed may not even want to deal with someone who only wants a hundred pounds. I did find lots of distributers though.

Before I winnow through those dealers, (and I'm essentially saying, "yes I know your time is valuable and you normally deal with shipping containers worth of the stuff, but it is possible I may want a bag or two to start with sometime in the next three months. If the price is right. What can you do for me?"), I thought I'd ask. Does anyone have a ballpark figure for the price per pound of granules in quantity of a few hundred pounds?
Re: ballpark price for ABS granules?
October 24, 2010 10:08PM
Answering my own question, this appears to be a "small batch friendly" supplier of ABS granules that is located in the US:

[www.backyardengineer.com]

$32.00 for 10#, which is a bit more than half what filament is costing me.

I have not ordered from this vendor yet.

I've also found small batches on ebay at a price that would exceed the cost for 3mm filament, so that makes no sense at all.

I was hoping to pick up a 50# bag at a fifth or a tenth of the cost of the filament, but no luck.

PolyPropylene is also stocked at $15.50 for 10#

--
My blog's Reprap feed: [blog.markbova.com]
I'm currently working on a stock Mendel build with a Seeeduino Mega and four Pololu A4983 stepper controllers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login