Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print raft only?

Posted by boarboar 
Print raft only?
March 05, 2011 05:52PM
Is there a way to just print out a raft with the spacing and diameter of filament I want without having to build something to sit on it? I’m essentially making a screen.

I make handmade paper and each sheet is cast on a brass screen which traditionally looks very similar to a raft. Hold a piece good quality cotton paper in front of a light source and you may see a watermark but in addition you will see faint horizontal lines close together and vertical lines every inch or so. In papermaking terms this is called a “laid” finish.

The screens are woven on special looms but it would be amazing if I could print out an ABS screen and dial in the diameter of the filaments and their spacing. I have drawn and tried to print a 3D model of a laid screen but it didn’t work, I suspect the diameter is just too small for skeinforge to interpret and print out? I’m using BFB Axon.

Brian
Re: Print raft only?
March 06, 2011 12:56PM
I posted this in your other thread, but in case you don't see it here you go:

Easiest way: create a box the size you need and say 1 mm thick. Set skeinforge to print a raft, and then in the carve settings set the layers to go from 0 to 1. Under Raft set the Object first layer flow rate to 0, and turn off the Fill plugin. That way it will print the raft, then try to print the outline of the first layer but with no flow, and then it will be done.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login