Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Source for CAPA suitable for Darwin Extruder - USA

Posted by RoundSparrow 
Source for CAPA suitable for Darwin Extruder - USA
December 29, 2007 09:37PM
Looking for suggestions from anyone: What's the latest on sourcing CAPA suitable for direct use in Darwin Extruder - here in the USA?

Since we have a new forum with topic of Extrusion - figured best to revisit the topic from the top.

Thanks.
Re: Source for CAPA suitable for Darwin Extruder - USA
December 29, 2007 11:08PM
well, adrian just got in 100kg of CAPA, and he's getting it made into filament. i'll hopefully be getting 1/2 of that and selling it on the RRRF store.

unfortunately, its expensive and hard to get. i'll most likely have to ration it as it doesnt seem like we'll have a reliable supplier. perhaps i should contact my solvay guy again. last time he gave me the runaround.
December 30, 2007 09:16PM
Great Zach; anyone else here in the USA know where to start on this, duplicate efforts welcome.
January 19, 2008 09:27PM
So I contacted solvay (Houston,Texas HQ nearby) selling CAPA and I asked for a free sample... and ultimately they mentioned England. So I asked them why not here in Texas?

Answer I got:

there are only two plants in the world that make PCLs - one in England and one in Japan

=================

So that might explain why those of us in the USA find this stuff so expensive winking smiley

I vote we work on a High Performance Extruder capable of ABS, as it seems proven on the low-end ($18,000) commercial printers?
January 20, 2008 03:54AM
I get the CAPA next week (Wednesday I'm told) and Ed will be taking 1/2 to Zach (RRRF).

I am making progress with Solvay but it's slow there initial opening position was "we don't take on any new customers" interesting sales approach! I'm now sorting a second order but want to know the take-up on the first order before jumping in as it's not that cheap to buy quantity.

Until i have all shipping cost I'm not sure of all up price but expect

Ian
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]
January 20, 2008 06:13AM
I would like 2Kg to start with please Ian.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
January 20, 2008 06:57PM
I'd buy two 2Kg for myself and the college here would most likely buy 2-5Kg so you can move another 4-7Kg in the US.

Demented
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login