Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Documentation mistake

Posted by Demented Chihuahua 
Documentation mistake
January 21, 2008 03:54PM
Didn't know where else to post this as there isn't a forum for documentation.

I was wiring up my opto-endstop and was following a link from this page

[reprap.org]

to this page

[reprap.org]

at the bottom of which it has Arduino instructions. This isn't the place for said instructions. I was trying to find PIC instructions but found this in the wrong place. Could we please fix this, someone.

Demented
Re: Documentation mistake
January 21, 2008 07:17PM
Well, theres not really a better place to put it. The board is used in both PIC and Arduino systems.

I can make it more clear that this is how you test the board in an Arduino based system. I'd put the PIC equivalent in there, but theres really no good way to test it currently.

I'd say having a test, even if its based on Arduino, is better than no test at all.
January 21, 2008 07:27PM
Okay, I agree. But can we put in there how to wire the board up? I was having a bit of difficulty tracking down which wires went were between the two boards. I figured it out but it wasn't clear cut.

As a matter of fact, wiring all of the boards together has been sort of a hit or miss thing. Most of the documentation has just been pointing me toward the svn files and I can't make head nor tails out of those schematics. How about a section in documentation where we explicitly state how the boards are wired together on a connector by connector basis? Or, does such a thing already exist and I'm just too stupid to find it? That's always a possibility! If it doesn't exist, I'll volunteer to do some of the documentation for the PIC based if someone wants to come behind me and check things. I think this would simplify things much.

Demented
January 22, 2008 10:22AM
Hey DC,

Yeah, I agree that the wiring stuff is not up to snuff. I'll try and get the opto endstop page updated with better instructions.

As far as a wiring diagram, I'd love to get one made for the old boards. I made one for the new Arduino electronics, but there is no equivalent for the old PIC stuff. I created a bunch of symbols for the boards in preparation for this, so that would be a good place to start. You'll need Eagle to make the diagrams. All the docs are here:

[svn.reprap.org]

PM me for more details, I'm definitely willing to check your work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login