Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to install HeeksCAD? (SOLVED)

Posted by AgeingHippy 
How to install HeeksCAD? (SOLVED)
February 08, 2011 06:26PM
Well, I am slowly approaching the point where I will be needing software to design my models....

I am thinking HeeksCAD - the tutorials posted by Spacexula make it look fairly intuitive so I am thinking I will give it a go.

I found a 10 meg HeeksCNC 0.16.0.exe here but am not sure if this is right for Windows (Vista 32bit).

I have done a bit of searching but have not found anything specifying install process etc. Also it is getting late and I want to go to bed.

Does anyone know where I can find more information, or if you know and am feeling helpfull, maybe just tell me straight smiling smiley

Cheers

SOLUTION - Run the 10 meg HeeksCNC 0.16.0.exe from wherever you downloaded it to. It is an installer which will prompt you for the path where you wish to place HeeksCAD and will extract the neccesary files to the required location.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2011 08:04AM by AgeingHippy.
Re: How to install HeeksCAD?
February 09, 2011 02:37AM
That's it - download it and run it.
Then HeeksCAD is installed.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
February 09, 2011 05:11AM
Nice one.

Do I need to run it in the folder I wish to have it in, or is that exe the installer which will prompt for paths etc?
February 09, 2011 05:15AM
Windows Installers always install to [PROGRAM_FILES] and sometimes they offer the chance to change the installation directory (and sometimes not).

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login