Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa Mendel assembly in Blender

Posted by kurt_ek 
Prusa Mendel assembly in Blender
July 31, 2012 06:02PM
Hi everyone!

This is my first topic here in the Forums. I've owned a RepRap for a couple of months now and I absolutely love it. So much I even started a company with a friend of mine in order to bring the world of 3d printing to my country (I live in Central America, Guatemala smiling smiley ).

What I want to create here is an assembly of the Prusa Mendel complete with vitamins and all, render it to make nice pictures and later on animate the process of actually building the printer.

Here's the git of what I've managed to build. It's far from complete, but it's something! I may have made a mistake in making everything into one single file. I'll try to separate parts of it that can be reused, for example: the triangles, heatbed, extruder+hotend, etc.

https://github.com/kurtEK/blenderPM

I'm calling all Blender users here who would like to take part in this project! Hopefully we can make some nice animations with this smiling smiley

btw, my company's fb page: www.facebook.com/mbau3d (a like would be much appreciated smiling smiley )
Re: Prusa Mendel assembly in Blender
August 01, 2012 05:47AM
Welcome to the forum, kurt.

Uhm, why didn't you export the OpenSCAD models to STL, just to import them in Blender? Redrawing everything in another application, ... well, it'll be outdated next week.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

August 01, 2012 05:52AM
You can also do animations in OpenSCAD.
See the DogBot videos from [www.onshoulders.org].

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
August 01, 2012 10:16AM
Traumflug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Welcome to the forum, kurt.
>
> Uhm, why didn't you export the OpenSCAD models to
> STL, just to import them in Blender? Redrawing
> everything in another application, ... well, it'll
> be outdated next week.

Thanks for the welcome smiling smiley

I've been importing the STL's and just making the assembly. I'm not that good at Blender just yet to design everything myself. Hopefully soon, if I keep practicing! (Is i3 coming out this next week??? I've been offline too long confused smiley )

rhmorrison Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------
>
> You can also do animations in OpenSCAD.
> See the DogBot videos from [www.onshoulders.org].

I've seen those vids as well. But OpenSCAD is not really made to render or animate. In Blender one can make very nice still images and then animate something quite awesomly tongue sticking out smiley My idea is to make a video that shows how to assemble the machine and could also be used to teach about the machine smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login