Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Liking Heeks - any better one-stop packages?

Posted by Wired1 
Liking Heeks - any better one-stop packages?
July 08, 2012 06:09PM
Hi - nooby here so my appologies for the possibly dumb questions.
I loaded up HeeksCad on Friday night and after a couple of hours I'm turning out some very nice models but I still have to then load them into another program to slice them for the Reprap and I'm wondering if there is a single program that will handle the design, slicing and uploading without using multiple packages.
For slicing I have tried Skeinforge - which is slow but does give a good graphic output of the layers etc - and Slic3r - which is quick but has no visual output.
From there I assume I will need some sort of uploader but as I haven't yet obtained all the parts for the Prusa I am building it will have to wait for another month.
So my question is - is there an all-in-one package or any way to avoid the three package process?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
Re: Liking Heeks - any better one-stop packages?
July 08, 2012 10:46PM
Wired1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So my question is - is there an all-in-one package
> or any way to avoid the three package process?

Unfortunately not. You can get packages that combine the host software - which controls and uploads to the printer - and the slicing program, but do not include the design program.

Take a look at Pronterface and Repetier host. Both of these integrate slicing programs, including Skeinforge and Slic3r. Repetier host has a nice gcode visualizer too.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Re: Liking Heeks - any better one-stop packages?
July 10, 2012 04:21AM
Yes Repetier looks like the thing thank you. Like the detail in the gcode visualiser, when I get the Pruusa built it will be interesting to see how the finished product compares.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login