Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which OpenJsCad?

Posted by nsg 
nsg
Which OpenJsCad?
April 18, 2014 01:48PM
I recently found OpenJsCad and absolutely love it. OpenSCAD is ok, but ability to program models in javascript (and some other neat features like connectors) make it so much better.

If ound 2 places for it:
openjscad.org/‎
and
joostn.github.io/OpenJsCad

Unfortunately they support sligthtly different versions of API. And both have features not present in the other.
My question is, what is the "official" API for OpenJsCad, where it is described and implemented?
A2
Re: Which OpenJsCad?
April 18, 2014 11:29PM
Here's another option for you to consider, it's a Python scripting based CAD program that came out of MIT.

mkeeter/kokopelli, Script-based CAD/CAM in Python
models can be saved as .svg and water-tight .stl files.
[github.com]
[reprap.development-tracker.info]
Re: Which OpenJsCad?
May 17, 2014 05:48PM
OpenJSCad is an awesome idea! I just found this after checking out CAD software for 3D printing and OpenSCAD for the first time. My immediate thought was "this would be so cool for WebGL".

Apparently openjscad.org is the current version / better front end using the fork from [github.com]
It even works somewhat with my android smartphone with touch. But the camera controls are aweful.

I was able to simply drag and drop .scad files and use them!

Really nice for online collaboration, sharing builds via links etc. Ideally you'd want to link to a ".jscad" files on github with this and make them parameterizable. Would be great to host this on a webserver on your Beagleboard to input and plan a print.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login