Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rotate a piece before printing

Posted by fdf 
fdf
Rotate a piece before printing
March 22, 2015 09:53PM
Hello,

As all newbee, I have done my tries with some others' pieces, as the reprap pieces…

Now I am starting to do my own. I have done (with freecad) two pieces that shoudl be put upside down before printing to avoid important bridge and so on.

Is it possible to do that easily? I don't see such option in Slic3r for the STL, and actually I don't see it in Freecad either, but there are much more options there and I may have missed it. Should anyone have an idea on that (which seems a pretty usual problem as you often design the piece as per its usage and then think of printing it…), it would help me a lot.

Best regards
Re: Rotate a piece before printing
March 24, 2015 02:57AM
You can rotate an object on any axis in slic3r, top of screen choose Object and choose rotate...pick your axis and type in the degrees to rotate.
You can also flip under the same menu.
fdf
March 24, 2015 03:12AM
Hello,

Rotating while keeping the plane, I can find it easily in Slic3r (stable), it is available in the main icons ( see the attached file)
But I can't even find the Object menu you are refering too. Is is only in the new beta version?

Thanks for your help anyway Baddog.

Best regards
March 24, 2015 03:30AM
Yes, sorry I am using version 1.2.0 and 1.2.6, the latest works very well, having the 3D image helps. Give it a try!
fdf
March 24, 2015 07:32AM
Indeed it is working fine…

Thanks for the advice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login