Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Lathe

Posted by aka47 
A Lathe
August 20, 2008 06:00AM
Question

Is using a micro lathe to turn parts we struggle with otherwise, actually contrary to the projects objectives if the Late is one we have printed ?????

I am currently struggling to turn out (no pun intended but if it's funny, lol) the extruder parts.

Drilling 3mm holes down 6mm rod for any sort of length and getting them dead center is easy peasy on a lathe and frustrating at best (ie when it eventually works) on a drill press.

Yes I know Chinese Import Mini Lathes are inexpensive, but arguably are contrary to the projects objectives and are overkill for what we actually really need.

Is there some mileage in printing out a simple micro lathe to turn slide bearings, extruder parts and such like essentials ??????

aka47

Necessity hopefully becomes the absentee parent of successfully invented children.
VDX
Re: A Lathe
August 20, 2008 06:27AM
Hi Andy,

... it should be a good thing when you print the components, this is aimed too by the 'evolution' of reprap.

I didn't think someone is so 'pure' on replicating - or you wouldn't be allowed to use in your reprap common electronics, motors and 'nonprinted' mechanical parts winking smiley

Viktor
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login