Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3d Print a water cooling system for a hotend

Posted by tom10122 
3d Print a water cooling system for a hotend
September 03, 2013 08:06PM
I've seen the water cooled hotend before but the cooling block requires machining and must be made out of metal, my first idea was a block thst went on the outside of the peek that was fully 3d printed however I was worried about heat transfer, what i came up with is a cooling block that goes around the PEEK but there is a open hole for the PEEK so the water is touching it , then use RTV to seal it up. Thoughts? I have a steve's hotend so my hotend and peek is alittle bigger then some.
Re: 3d Print a water cooling system for a hotend
September 04, 2013 07:28AM
Here is my water cooled hot end. [reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2013 07:30AM by Greg Frost.
What do you do about cooling the water, do you use some form of radiator or just
a large tank ?
September 06, 2013 08:32AM
I have what must be about a 2 liter container. That is plenty big enough to cool itself.
October 06, 2013 09:22PM
lol reviving this, i am going to give this a shot designing it if i can, Latley i have been having problems with my printer but its all good now
November 22, 2013 11:58PM
I recommend using the search function, type in your topic title, "Recycling PLA and ABS" and click search.

There are a lot of discussions on this, and you can also search this topic on youtube to see DIY Grinders and Filament Extruders.

I am happy that I got the best working done for the JN0-660 for more info visit ECCOUNCIL for further visit us Amazon for more info check this out on Infosys for now open it at Youtube good luck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login