Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cogs, sprockets etc.

Posted by pinkbits 
Cogs, sprockets etc.
July 24, 2009 11:07AM
I'm currently restoring a 1976 F250. Trying to find parts is a pain in the behind.

For example, I can't purchase new/aftermarket the drive for the end of the speedometer cable.

I'd like to know if constructing something like this using a Reprap is possible. I can provide pictures if required. (I'll just have to pull the buggered one out of the ute).

Also as a side note, has anyone tried using the Reprap to reproduce warhammer figurines?
Re: Cogs, sprockets etc.
July 26, 2009 04:26AM
The other thing I've been thinking about doing is using the reprap to manufacture plugs. It's quite often that myself, friends, even my mechanic have plugs that they need replacing on vehicles. These plugs are usually very proprietary, and acquiring replacements very hard.

Still waiting for input on whether the uses I've mentioned so far would be suitable for the reprap
August 02, 2009 10:50PM
So can anyone provide input into whether this is possible or not? or is there somewhere that actually gets responses that I should be posting to?
August 03, 2009 02:41PM
While the RepRap can make plastic parts there is a limit to fine detail that it can create, so an adapter that threads on something would be problematic.

Right now parts have to be designed around the limitations of the machine, so nobody is willing to venture a reply, yes it can.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login