Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X Axis carriage.... Ideas and segestions for improvement.....

Posted by Adampeirce88 
X Axis carriage.... Ideas and segestions for improvement.....
July 13, 2016 12:09PM
Hi

I am relatively new to cnc and printing at present I have yet to complete my printer it's still a dream in the pipeline but it will happen as i have most of the parts required
I have been thinking about the x axis carriage for a while and have drawn up an idea in on shape which I shall attach the Image file to this post.

I am planning on having this printed as it is looking like the most accurate way of making it without hours of precise work in the highly inacurate piller drill or the use of a mill

If anyone has any segestions in ways I could improve it even any issues that I might have with the stresses and strains on the finished part I would be greatful as my experience with 3d printing is none existent yet.

I am planning oh having it made in PLA as there shouldn't be any issues with heat here. All walls will be 5mm thick and the sharp Connery filleted for strength, and I was planning on it being close to100% infill, it will house 8mm ID 15mm OD liner bearing for the X Axis and 2X 8mm liner rails for the Y axis it will also house a NEMA17 stepper motor with a 20T belt pulley the receiving end will just house an idler pulley and is still being worked on.

Also any sergestions on places I an get it made for a reasonable price would be helpful I have seen plenty of people offering this on the Internet.

Best regards
Adam
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpg (211.5 KB)
open | download - image.jpg (214.2 KB)
open | download - image.jpg (195.5 KB)
Re: X Axis carriage.... Ideas and segestions for improvement.....
July 19, 2016 07:52AM
Hello Adam,

I too am just getting started in printing though I do have an operational printer. A Kossel delta. I am also a professional CAD designer. If you can send me the file I can have a look at it for you and give you a price.

What format is your file in? .stp or .iges is best for me. Not .stl

How many do you need?

I live in the UK; where are you based?

My email address is andrewmctggrt@yahoo.com

Regards

Andrew Mctaggart
Re: X Axis carriage.... Ideas and segestions for improvement.....
July 22, 2016 04:41AM
Hi Andrew

I did reply by email however I haven't herd anything back so I wasn't sure if you
Recived it. I will save the files from on shape to a format you prefer and send them
Sunday or Monday

Many thanks
And best regards
Adam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login