Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual Extruder single hotend remix help

Posted by JustSumGuy 
Dual Extruder single hotend remix help
November 08, 2017 11:57AM
I am looking at setting up a dual extruder single hotend setup and useing this dual extruder looks like the best bet for a starting point:

[www.thingiverse.com]

Now the changes I want to make:

1) change the exit for the connection to fit more standard Pneumatic Fittings PC4-M6 type [www.aliexpress.com]
2) Change the top input to have an integrated filament sensor on both.
3) Change the top top input to accept the same PC4-M6 fitting as the desired output.
4) a fitting system to allow for connection to 2020 or 3030 frame extrusion.

I have tried for a week to figure out how to do this but my skills are way lacking....
Anyone able to do this and help out? I have no $ to put to it... no clue how to use OpenScad [www.openscad.org]

I imported the STL into sketchup and cleaned it up and tried after that for days with no luck.

Hopeing someone might want to do the remix and release it all theirs, I just want the part smiling smiley

Thanx regardless.
Re: Dual Extruder single hotend remix help
November 14, 2017 12:44PM
I managed to do it myself but I found out this was actually a remix of the Prusa i3 MK2/S to Multi Material upgrade seen here.

[manual.prusa3d.com]

So I don't know if this remix is permitted and I wont post it until I know it is.

That said I am pretty happy how it came out smiling smiley optic filament sensors on each feed...
November 17, 2017 01:06AM
Prusa I3 mk2/3 is open source, so remixs are fine... as long as they give credit where its due..
November 21, 2017 01:06PM
Thanx Dust smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login