Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ogden, Utah - introduction

Posted by trescott2000 
Ogden, Utah - introduction
April 27, 2011 01:51AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I just got my RepRap built and am working on getting it printing. I am interested in getting to know of others in the area who share an interest in RepRap and related stuff. You can see pictures of my printer here.

I had originally planned to make the parts myself or buying some of the parts cheap, because I didn't have the money, but it ended up being too much trouble starting from scratch. I convinced my wife to ok the use of our tax return to buy a full kit from MakerGear by telling her that it would "pay for itself" by printing and selling parts. So, once I have it printing I would be willing to sell parts to anyone to make good on my promise to my wife.

I am currently using repsnapper on linux with the tonokip firmware.
Re: Ogden, Utah - introduction
April 28, 2011 07:00PM
Hi,

I live in Logan, but I am down in Ogden on a regular basis visiting family. Once you get your RepRap printing, I would love to come take a look at it. I am really new to RepRap, but I am trying to learn as much as I can to possibly gear up for building one this summer. If that ends up happening and you could sell me parts that would be cool.

Dustin
April 28, 2011 11:57PM
That sounds like a good idea. I would be more then happy to show you my reprap. And of course I would be happy to sell you some parts.smiling smiley Also, I can help you with getting started. We do need to start building a community here too.
August 20, 2011 08:19AM
Hey Dustin,

I'm also in Logan and am interested in building a reprap and other CNC machines. I'd really like to see what you've done so far. You can contact me at bendtenney at yahoo dot com.
April 12, 2012 02:22AM
Well it's been about a year now, but I have it up and running fairly good now. It's hard to make much progress between semesters at school. (I go year round) If you still wanted to see it, we could setup a time. My email is trescott at trescott dot jp. This semester is almost over and the next one will be starting in a few week, but the beginning of the semester is usually not to bad.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login