Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Minneapolis Reprap Build Weekend

Posted by mattwj2005 
Minneapolis Reprap Build Weekend
December 02, 2012 09:25PM
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have interested in a reprap build weekend?

I am just posting to see if there is any interest in that. We would ideally like 20 people or so.

Please reply if you are in interested and could make it to the Minneapolis area.

Matt
Re: Minneapolis Reprap Build Weekend
February 05, 2013 03:55PM
Hey all,

Wow I know that this is late but I have to ask is there going to be another meeting held? I am from Eau Claire but would make the road trip. I would also like to start something in this area.

Thanks
Yes please! Infact I'm dying to get together with some people and learn more about this! I started reading about it online and now I can't stop thinking about these repraps!! Ive been thinking of ways I can build a cheap Lego one so I can print parts for an actual rep rap presa!! Anyway, I'm in lino lakes and would definitely make the drive!!
August 27, 2013 12:14PM
Hello,
New to this and live in Faribault MN, not to far from the cities and well worth the drive to get together with others. I just finished a build on a MendelMax 1.5 and am working through the calibration now. Would love to talk with others in this community to get ideas and trade some of the ones I have. Let me know if anything comes up again to get together.
September 01, 2013 12:15PM
This thread doesn't look very active. But I was looking for a group that would be interested in pooling time, resources, skills, etc to build a printer to be shared to build parts for each other's individual printer.

I am in the Mpls area.
November 08, 2013 03:48PM
I'm in S Mpls and I'm interested.... and new to this.
February 27, 2014 03:02PM
Bump. Is any of this stuff going on still?
March 27, 2014 12:41AM
I would be interested.

Todd
March 27, 2014 05:46AM
Hey People,

I just e-mailed a local hackerspace here in Minneapolis.

Here is the link to their homepage:

[www.tcmaker.org]

I asked if they would be willing to run a build weekend. I'll keep you guys posted if and when I hear back.

Thanks,

Matt
April 03, 2014 05:59PM
I would like to meet other reprappers. I just got mine printing ....still have issues.

Since I am talking about issues.
Anyone have a clue about the first couple of layers and the hotend dragging
Once it gets through the first 1.5-2mm it prints fine before that though you can see the hotend dragging across the plastic.
Going to check my z axis and extruder calibration tomorrow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2014 06:04PM by MrCalm.
Attachments:
open | download - 20140403_144932.jpg (310.7 KB)
open | download - 20140403_145129.jpg (270.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login