Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HotEnds.com Web Shop

Posted by reifsnyderb 
HotEnds.com Web Shop
October 17, 2011 11:21AM
Hello,

I have opened hotends.com at [www.hotends.com] as a web site specializing in the sale of hot-ends made by my company, Reifsnyder Precision Works. The first hot-ends for sale are J-Head hot-ends and related parts.

I have been active in the Open Source community since 1998 and started providing hot-ends for the RepRap community in 2009. In 1998, I started developing software for the FreeDOS project and contributed several disk utilities, including the Free FDISK disk partitioning program. Later on, around 2006, I contributed an open-source php-based document management system for the Xoops portal. This document management system is still in use and currently houses almost 250,000 documents.

As in the open-source software field, I am committed to ensuring that the "source code" is still available by ensuring that the blueprints and instructions, for my products, are available. At the moment, all of the J-Head nozzle and hot-end information is posted at [www.reprap.org]. As I develop and/or improve my product line I will continue to make this information available.

In addition to posting the blueprints and instructions, I also maintain a blog at [jheadnozzle.blogspot.com]. In this blog I have development news regarding the J-Head nozzle and hot-end.

Thank you for your support,

Brian Reifsnyder
President, Reifsnyder Precision Works

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2011 12:35PM by reifsnyderb.
Re: HotEnds.com Web Shop
October 24, 2011 05:02PM
btt
October 25, 2011 03:24AM
Do you guys offer any sort of educational discount?
October 25, 2011 09:34AM
PM Sent.

thekendall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you guys offer any sort of educational
> discount?
October 27, 2011 12:36PM
btt
November 02, 2011 01:03PM
where are you located reifsnyderb? I Googled "Reifsnyder Precision Works" and it came up Pennsylvania. If that is the case I will surely order a hot end sometime in the near future.

Roy
November 02, 2011 08:14PM
Hello,

I am located about 20 north of Harrisburg, PA.

Regards,

Brian
November 08, 2011 06:47PM
Do you guys give bulk discounts? Say 20-40. PM me please. smiling smiley
November 08, 2011 09:17PM
PM Sent.

Interius Wrote:
> Do you guys give bulk discounts? Say 20-40. PM me
> please. smiling smiley
November 15, 2011 05:19AM
Hey, is there any particular reason why your site is down?
November 15, 2011 02:34PM
No reason I know of. I just checked and it is up. I wonder what happened?

Update: I checked the error logs and something happened around 12:30 this morning.

nterius Wrote:
> Hey, is there any particular reason why your site
> is down?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2011 02:39PM by reifsnyderb.
December 08, 2011 11:03PM
btt
December 28, 2011 02:22PM
I bought one. i like it .it worked just fine until
. i jammed it with too fat ABS filament. I dissembled it cleaned it out with acetone re assembled it
and its ready to print again i used 2 1/2 inch wrenches no problem .
this is a very sturdy hot end well made it's just the Doofus running it.
the price is fair .a good buy.and i did not have to wind wire and glob on cement to maker it
oh and i ran mine at 242c for a few prints (one for 90 min) with out melting any thing.
January 14, 2012 02:58PM
Brian,

I see that you recommend high temperature wire for the resistor. How long do these wires have to be before the temps have cooled off to a reasonable level? In other words, can I just get by with a short segment of high temp wire soldered to standard insulation wire?

Do I need to use any kind of special wire to connect the thermistor, or does it come with long leads already?

Thanks,

Greg
January 15, 2012 12:34AM
Hello,

The resistor leads will get pretty hot and it is a good idea to join the resistor leads to the wire with bootlace ferrules or something similar. I have also seen where people connected the resistor leads with a set of tiny alligator clips.

The thermistor leads are pretty long but it won't hurt to use bootlace ferrules there as well.

Regards,

Brian

ggal625 Wrote:
> Brian,
>
> I see that you recommend high temperature wire for
> the resistor. How long do these wires have to be
> before the temps have cooled off to a reasonable
> level? In other words, can I just get by with a
> short segment of high temp wire soldered to
> standard insulation wire?
>
> Do I need to use any kind of special wire to
> connect the thermistor, or does it come with long
> leads already?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg
January 25, 2012 12:55AM
Hi Brian,

Could you explain what is the difference btw J-Head Mk III-B and J-Head Mk IV-B?
Currently it is out of stock, when back to stock?

Thanks,
ZZ
January 25, 2012 05:56PM
Hello,

The J-Head Mk III-B was the first model that would easily extrude PLA without jamming. The heat-sink carries the heat away and cools the core. It is fairly difficult to machine as the internal holes need to line up pretty closely or else the liner cannot be installed.

The J-Head Mk IV-B was designed as a cheaper way to build a hot-end in a way that it would not jam easily if PLA were being extruded. The difficulty, with the Mk IV-B is that the vents are very tedious to make by hand and I couldn't easily make them when the Mk III-B was first tested. However, once I CNC'd a small milling machine, it because both feasible and practical to make the Mk IV.

The "B", in both models, designates that the nozzle is brass as the original design used an aluminum nozzle.

I expect to have more stock in in the next two weeks.

Regards,

Brian

zhilianz Wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> Could you explain what is the difference btw
> J-Head Mk III-B and J-Head Mk IV-B?
> Currently it is out of stock, when back to stock?
>
> Thanks,
> ZZ
February 07, 2012 10:22AM
Hello,

I am going to start putting inventory out on the [www.hotends.com] web shop as I am getting caught up with my bulk orders. At the present time, I am going to put a small quantity of hot-ends up for sale daily.

I am sorry about the situation; but, I want to ensure that I am able to ship your parts in under two business days of placing your order.

Regards,

Brian
February 09, 2012 07:55PM
Hello,

I'll have the 1.75mm converted hot-ends back in stock next week.

Regards,

Brian
February 17, 2012 04:47PM
Hello,

1.75mm conversions are back in stock.

Regards,

Brian
February 21, 2012 10:44AM
I have the IV hot end for a couple of weeks now and I am absolute delighted.. switch from PLA to ABS and back again and visa versa..

Thanks Brian for producing the beautiful product.. Next up will be testing the 0.35 tip on 3mm , as soon as I get it in the mail!!
February 23, 2012 12:29PM
Been running an Mk IV-B, 0.35mm nozzle with 3mm ABS for about two months. It's working great, and actually appears to have been pretty forgiving of my sloppy mounting into the extruder.
February 29, 2012 02:11PM
i really like mine it runs 3mm ABS just fine not one problem even on 2 hr prints .
3 children almost done and a bunch of wades completed and shipped plus some toys done
not doing PLA at this time but not worried if i do. changing color with out drama ..
i will be selling another hot end and if it works as well it will be something .
high marks for this hot end a bench mark for others .
March 03, 2012 11:11AM
I have a Mk IV-B, 0.40mm nozzle. I've been printing ABS, but I recently switched to PLA. I haven't printed great quantities yet; I'm new at this and still tinkering with the software. But the J-Head hotend has really been a dream. It's fairly bulletproof and well designed. There is no heat transfer up the extruder body at all. I can hold the cold end in my hand and extrude manually for testing. It's easy to clean out when needed. The heater is simple and very effective. It's been nice to use. And Brian has been very helpful and supportive as I learned my way through the process.

I was worried about building my own hotend or getting some high-maintenance design, but the J-Head has really put all that to rest. No problems here!

Thanks, Brian!

Phil
March 12, 2012 07:09AM
Hi,

Can anyone advise as to whether the J-Head Mk IV-B will fit as a replacement for a V5 Hotend in a Wades extruder?

The V5 extruder I was using suffered a large leak of molten PLA, which jammed up the brass barrel, the brass heat block and when I tried to remove it the PTFE barrel sheared where the brass barrel meets the PTFE. I need a replacement and from the above comments the Mk IV-B seems like the way to go, but I need to ensure it will mate with the Wades extruder in the 16mm cavity where the PTFE Barrel was?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jez
March 12, 2012 07:52AM
Yes they are 16mm diameter.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
March 12, 2012 08:03AM
Thanks nophead for your fast response.....

I think I will order one.....

Cheers
March 12, 2012 11:18AM
Hi, I'm using the J-4B head and I have no problems, I'm happy with it, but I can not make overhangs provided air layers fall, not subject, I am printing at 210 degrees Celsius, with ponterface and skeingforge, I can do?

Miguel Angel
March 12, 2012 01:18PM
Extrude thinner filament so that its is stretched more by reducing the layer height while keeping the width / thickness ratio around 1.5.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
March 21, 2012 10:20AM
btt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login