Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel printer up for auction

Posted by foton 
Mendel printer up for auction
March 26, 2010 04:55PM
Bellow is a listing for One fully assembled Mendel 3D printer, needs
a few finishing touches, see listing for more details.

[cgi.ebay.ie]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2010 07:31AM by foton.
Re: Mendel printer up for auction
March 26, 2010 07:27PM
Congrats dude! I put 10 on it just to get the ball moving. I hope you get $1000 plus.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
March 31, 2010 04:23PM
Hello

I would like to have more information about it.

"This machine needs some finishing touches before it will be ready to print

these include:
Installing software to the Motherboard and extruder controller (instructions and software can be found on the Reprap website)."

-* Are the electronics working, I mean, when you install the firmware to the boards you will have a working thing ?

"The electronics may need slight readjustments made to them."
What kind of readjustments? If I do it, does it will work?

"Some small mechanical re-adjustments such as, tightening nuts, adjusting belts, adding sprints to the undercarriage of the print bed."
I'm not english fluent ¿what is sprints?
If I do, does it will work?
April 01, 2010 07:27AM
Hi Carlos

To answer some of your questions let me give the printer a little bit of context.

I under took the project of assembling this printer to get a better understanding
of the mechanics and electronics involved in a 3D printer.
This is what i have done, the printer is assemble 95-99% according to the Reprap instructions on this site, That much i can assure you and the images testify to this.

I am currently occupied with other projects and do not have the time to complete the final stages of installing the software and performing an end user testing that would quite likely
involve some readjustment so as to get it printing fluently.
So the printer is being sold "As is" with the buyer undertaking to perform these activities mentioned above.
So your question; are the electronics working? They have not been tested so i can not answer
that all i can say is they are a set from Makeabot, which means the boards have been
professionally assembled with firmware pre installed.
I have follow the instruction on
the wireing up of the electronics but i may have made one or two small errors which would mean
the buy may need to replace a wire or a couple of connectors, something of this nature.
because the boards were braught pre-assembled it is highly unlikely there would be much wrong with them.
The mechanics are similar, fully assembled, but may need some readjustments as i have
mentioned("sprints" is a spelling mistake, I mean to write springs).

Bellow is a closer look at the electronics(the mother board is missing a capacitor in the image,
but this will be put on before shipping) so that you can cross check them.

IMG_0249

IMG_0252

IMG_0254
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login